Originally Posted by Watchmaker View Post
I've added the repo via MeeCatalog, but I can't find gstreamer-tools in it...
I don't know much about meecatalog, I do things by hand with apt-get, apt-cache. I would say the package is where it should be:

[sbox-HARMATTAN_ARMEL: ~] > apt-cache policy gstreamer-tools
gstreamer-tools:
Installed: 0.10.34-0maemo2+0m6
Candidate: 0.10.34-0maemo2+0m6
Version table:
*** 0.10.34-0maemo2+0m6 0
500 http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com harmattan/sdk/free Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

This comes straight after an apt-get update.

Here are screenshots that should demonstrate what the magnus plus negatives viewer is capable of:

Original Kodak Gold 200 negative on the lightbox:

And now as seen through the application (here running on my n900):

As you can see, due to magnification, one doesn't see the whole 35mm frame, but as the details are so small, that's the better way, otherwise it's very hard to understand what's what there.

When I wrote that I had forgot that on N9/N950 the auto-focus keeps working in continuous mode, so one can use it for any distance, including one where you see the whole negative, if wanted.

The version for N900 is now in the "extra" repository, enough people liked it for this

I wish to advance the N9 version towards the users, so please try it and tell me if you find anything to fix.

Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
[...]

As you can see, due to magnification, one doesn't see the whole 35mm frame, but as the details are so small, that's the better way, otherwise it's very hard to understand what's what there.

Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
I wish to advance the N9 version towards the users.
Looks like a nice little app, looking forward to it!
Current Maemo Community Council member

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
I wish to advance the N9 version towards the users, so please try it and tell me if you find anything to fix.
I still cannot install it in my N9 because of missing dependencies. It would be great if you can include the missing packages in your own deb.

Thanks.

Last edited by alephito; 2012-06-03 at 14:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to alephito For This Useful Post:
please make the missing pakage available here to download :P
thanks

Please try again with the version 0.0.2-2, linked in the first post in the thread, now the dependency on gstreamer-tools is removed and I was able to install the package on a freshly flashed with PR1.2 N950.

Originally Posted by alephito View Post
I still cannot install it in my N9 because of missing dependencies. It would be great if you can include the missing packages in your own deb.

Thanks.

The missing package is already here,
but I've preferred to include the bits I use from it in my package, such that there are no dependencies to satisfy. If you try to install this package from Nokia's repository over the web please note that this worked for me only when I've downloaded it and installed with dpkg -i as root (in developer mode).

I think it is simpler that you try to install the version 0.0.2-2, linked in the first post in the thread, now that the dependency on gstreamer-tools is removed; I was able to install the package on a freshly flashed with PR1.2 N950, so I expect that it can be installed on your phone as well.

Originally Posted by N9owner View Post
please make the missing pakage available here to download :P
thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to chrisg For This Useful Post: