Notices

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Czech Republic
Hello all,

after several days of playing with obexd due to PBAP support I hope I reach the beta phase.

What's new:
1) working obexd-0.46
- no openobex dependency
- several PBAP fixes
- backporting maemo's older bluez, dbus, ebook, glib
- unfortunately it doesn't fix the "PBAP working but buggy, after copying contacts to Nokia Speakerphone HF-510 only some of them are visible, incoming calls show wrong name from some other contact."

2) It seems to me that the problem with buggy is in empty values in vcards so I try patch the evolution-data-server (only export to text vcards)

Unfortunatelly I had to borrow my car for this week and now I have only HF with IRMC support (works well without bug).

Do someone want to test these packages (it's not part of cssu yet!)? It will be the best if you face the bug with wrong name and invisible contacts. It's better to have some knowledge about xterm and dpkg (in case you need to downgrade back to older versions).

List of packages:
obexd_0.46-1maemo1+cssu1_armel.deb
evolution-data-server-addressbook_1.4.2.1-20120717-maemo1+cssu1_armel.deb
libebook_1.4.2.1-20120717-maemo1+cssu1_armel.deb
libedata-book_1.4.2.1-20120717-maemo1+cssu1_armel.deb
libedataserver_1.4.2.1-20120717-maemo1+cssu1_armel.deb

!! New release available !!! You can download this and newer version at http://merlin1991.at/~luf/pbap/

Luf

Last edited by luf; 2012-07-22 at 18:30. Reason: Packages removed as new release exist.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to luf For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by luf View Post
Hello all,

after several days of playing with obexd due to PBAP support I hope I reach the beta phase.

What's new:
1) working obexd-0.46
- no openobex dependency
- several PBAP fixes
- unfortunately it doesn't fix the "PBAP working but buggy, after copying contacts to Nokia Speakerphone HF-510 only some of them are visible, incoming calls show wrong name from some other contact."

2) It seems to me that the problem with buggy is in empty values in vcards so I try patch the evolution-data-server (only export to text vcards)

Unfortunatelly I had to borrow my car for this week and now I have only HF with IRMC support (works well without bug).

Do someone want to test these packages (it's not part of cssu yet!)? It will be the best if you face the bug with wrong name and invisible contacts. It's better to have some knowledge about xterm and dpkg (in case you need to downgrade back to older versions).

List of packages:

Luf
Hi I only have an IRMC carkit, but one thing comes to my mind. You should test PCSuite, too. Did you apply the patch, because signaling for pcsuite has changed in obexd see:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=250

Originally Posted by hschmitt View Post
Hi I only have an IRMC carkit, but one thing comes to my mind. You should test PCSuite, too. Did you apply the patch, because signaling for pcsuite has changed in obexd see:
Hi,

thanks for the question. I used all patches from obexd-0.37 for maemo which are applicable (not in obex fixed). So yes the usb one is included.

For sources you can take a look: http://merlin1991.at/~luf/pbap/source

Hi, thanks for the question. I used all patches from obexd-0.37 for maemo which are applicable (not in obex fixed). So yes the usb one is included.

For sources you can take a look: http://merlin1991.at/~luf/pbap/source

Originally Posted by mirakels View Post
It is not that the n9 does not supprot IrMC. It is just that pbap is enabled (--pbap) while irmc is not (there is no --irmc commandline option in your ps output) Adding --irmc should enable IrMC.

As for copying obexd, please first renamen the original obexd so you can easily switch back.
The libopenobexd can be placed in /usr/lib/ Note also the symlinks for libopenobex (see 'ls -l /usr/lib/libopenobex*' )
I guess there is also an libopenobex on the n9 but may be packaged with the obexd package. So please check before copying the n900 one and rename before copying.

You also might try using the libopenobex on the n9 (if it is there) if it is the same major version (e.g. libopenobex.so.2.x)
So I have my N9 for one week and did a bit of debuging on IRMC support. Unfortunatly I have to confirm that IRMC support is not possible without a patched version of obexd. There is an incompatibility between the the obexd irmc code and the obexd tracker code.
I will try to fix this upstream, but due to aegis we cannot replace obexd binary in the N9.

Hello all,

Hi, I saw your patch on bluez mailing list you submitted today. That is exactly the patch I talked one post before. So you discovered it from N900, I discovered it from N9 ;-)
Good to see that you try to get it upstream, but you should use git format-patch otherwise it might not be accepted. Can you do it? Otherwise I would submit the same patch formatted with git format-patch.

The Following User Says Thank You to hschmitt For This Useful Post:
Hi, I saw your patch on bluez mailing list you submitted today. That is exactly the patch I talked one post before. So you discovered it from N900, I discovered it from N9 ;-)
Good to see that you try to get it upstream, but you should use git format-patch otherwise it might not be accepted. Can you do it? Otherwise I would submit the same patch formatted with git format-patch.
Hi, I didn't study it more deeper. So I have no idea if it will work with another phonebooks. So the patch was only an inspiration (show exactly what I'm talking about).

If you can create format-patch please do it.

BTW I answered your previous question but I include URL and it has to be approved by moderator. Answer is that I include all patches from meamo obexd 0.37 which isn't in mainstream. And for sure usb is included.

Sources are on merlin1991 (dot) at (slash) ~luf (slash) pbap (slash) source

And unfortunately I have no win machine so I can't test pc suite. Or is there some linux tool to test it?

Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to luf For This Useful Post:
If you can create format-patch please do it.
Done.
And unfortunately I have no win machine so I can't test pc suite. Or is there some linux tool to test it?
I neither have a win machine, but when you plug in usb and select "pc-suite" mode obexd should be signaled. You could see it in the debug output. And a signaling should happen when unplugging usb.

The Following User Says Thank You to hschmitt For This Useful Post:
Done.
I neither have a win machine, but when you plug in usb and select "pc-suite" mode obexd should be signaled. You could see it in the debug output. And a signaling should happen when unplugging usb.
I hope it worked. But I'm waiting if someone test it (PBAP + PC Suite) and share the result here.
I think you mean:

Code:
Jul 18 20:49:09 Nokia-N900 obexd[1629]: plugins/usb.c:handle_io_signal() SIGUSR1
Jul 18 20:49:09 Nokia-N900 obexd[1629]: src/obex.c:obex_session_start() 
Jul 18 20:49:09 Nokia-N900 obexd[1629]: plugins/usb.c:usb_connect() Successfully opened /dev/ttyGS0
Jul 18 20:49:09 Nokia-N900 root: /usr/sbin/pcsuite-enable.sh: sent SIGUSR1 to obexd
Jul 18 20:49:09 Nokia-N900 root: /usr/sbin/pcsuite-enable.sh: sent SIGUSR1 to syncd
Jul 18 20:49:09 Nokia-N900 [1385]: GLIB DEBUG default - usb-plugin::current-state: PC Suite Mode

The Following User Says Thank You to luf For This Useful Post:
Hello all,

What's new:
1) working obexd-0.46
- no openobex dependency
- several PBAP fixes

List of packages:

Luf
I will test it with my Audi (Radio Symphony).

1. Edit: Nokia PC Suite (7.1.180.64): Contacts can be opened and syncronized with Outlook!

2. Edit: N900 can be connected with my Audi's hands-free device successfully. Address book has been imported well. Bluetooth manager of N900 displays a HFP connection.

Last edited by Acurus_; 2012-07-20 at 21:41.

Tags
bada rox, bluetooth, carkit, contacts, irmc sync, pbap profile