Posts: 44 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Savannah, GA
DaveC,

I got a hold of a Nokia 6682 phone today from our local Cingular Business Sales group and followed your instructions -- your instructions worked perfectly. I was connected and communicating over GPRS in 3 minutes and while it was a bit sluggish, it proves to be a very servicable "roaming" connection schema and worked for me as a passenger in a moving car with the 6682 phone in my pocket for a good 20-minute ride checking emails, browsing simple sites, etc. (much like RogerS reported for his train ride into NYC a few weeks ago).

BTW, the 6682 phone is very nice. Our local Cingular office can't get me one for "about two weeks" but the unlimited data plan runs about $59/month on top of a $49 1,500-minute talk time plan. All things considered, not a bad deal for business use. Our company plans to buy a couple of them right away and allow our people to "check them out" and use them when they're traveling -- sort of a modem kit for N770 users.

Anyway, the experience of using the 770 wherever whenever to access apps, check emails, etc. is awesome. :?)

Robert,

If you have a business plan, Cingular's PDA Connect (Unlimted) is $45:

http://cingular.com/sbusiness/data_connect

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Savannah, GA
Thanks, Reggie. I'll refer my local Cingular reps to the link provided and get that plan. I appreciate it!

:?)

I have a RAZR. When it says: Try again? Do it, again, and again, until it pairs. It will pair. Keep trying.