Is Flash Player going to be ported over? I know its not opensource. So Macromedia would have to do something about it but that is unlikely since they won't even port it to PowerPC Linux

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ central georgia, usa
Originally Posted by Legodude522
Is Flash Player going to be ported over? I know its not opensource. So Macromedia would have to do something about it but that is unlikely since they won't even port it to PowerPC Linux
until we can play, it's hard to say.

opera (the 770's) web browser supports plugin's including flash. whether it's available at release I cannot say.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Savannah, GA
Originally Posted by Legodude522
Check the specs page/link. The N770 has support for Flash v6 and SWF files in the current release. There is no support for Flash v7 with FLV files as of yet. This is a Macromedia thing, I believe.

Hope that helps.

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Central London
Flash is working just fine on mine

A little on the slow side, but works ok in 'Medium' quality mode... there is a slightly annoying bug though that means it defaults back to 'High' quality when you open a different animation. Even more annoying is the fact that it says in the menu that it's on medium! (or low if that's what you chose last time).

Means you have to select high, then select medium again each time you open a new SWF.

(for those who haven't realised, tap and hold to get the menu )

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Sounds like a bug to report. Care to report that to maemo.org/bugzilla dsmudger?

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Central London
Originally Posted by konttori
Sounds like a bug to report. Care to report that to maemo.org/bugzilla dsmudger?
Done

...........(message was too short according to the software this board uses - so I added some dots - and this ramble - to pad it out!)

Originally Posted by dsmudger
Flash is working just fine on mine

A little on the slow side, but works ok in 'Medium' quality mode... there is a slightly annoying bug though that means it defaults back to 'High' quality when you open a different animation. Even more annoying is the fact that it says in the menu that it's on medium! (or low if that's what you chose last time).

Means you have to select high, then select medium again each time you open a new SWF.

(for those who haven't realised, tap and hold to get the menu )

Where do you get it? And how do you get it working. (Especially with Opera)

JC