Notices

Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by Krachlik View Post
I just installed the new version. Menu layout looks better now. One question: it seems that in the previous version the final score was multiplied by 2, was it a bug or a feature? New version doesn't do that, so it will be rather hard to beat current high scores
+1 to this
Something is very different this time with the scores.

And one other thing, does anybody else noticed that famous vertical tearing? I didn't noticed it before.

I don't have any tearing, but I had to downgrade to stay competitive

I'm not playing now. Waiting for developers to say something about this.

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 329 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Bosnia and Herzegovina
I'll just say "whoops"... It wasn't supposed to connect to the same highscore list, but we discovered some additional problems in the meantime, so we didn't post updates immediately. That score doubling was a bug, but there were some other score-related bugs, so we're trying to make it right this time and have a fresh start. About the screen tearing, it's because of a bit lower framerate. In previous version, clouds in the foreground make a short appearance and than don't reappear on the left side again, and thus don't make a performance hit, and now that's fixed, so they may shave off a fps or two. I don't know what you prefer, so the number of clouds will be adjustable in settings.ini. I'm very sorry about this mess, we're working to sort it out.

Ok, I hope everything's good now. This one has some more bugs fixed, and connects to a new high-score list. We're sorry, but we had to reset it, just too many problems with the old one that can't be reliably fixed. Hope this fresh start with scoring doesn't drive people away. So, please test this one and let me know if it works properly. Thanks.

EDIT: Yeah, I see some of you just don't waste any time
EDIT2: I just noticed settings.ini needs its own chown, so I added that to the deb. Redownload if your settings are not remembered.

Last edited by TheBurek; 2011-04-07 at 18:03.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheBurek For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TheBurek View Post
EDIT2: I just noticed settings.ini needs its own chown, so I added that to the deb. Redownload if your settings are not remembered.
You should change
Code:
chown user:users /opt/reverstris-lite
chown user:users /opt/reverstris-lite/settings.ini
to
Code:
chown -R user:users /opt/reverstris-lite
Upd: And
Code:
Section: games
to
Code:
Section: user/games
in control too.

Last edited by hxka; 2011-04-07 at 18:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to hxka For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hxka View Post
You should change
Code:
chown user:users /opt/reverstris-lite
chown user:users /opt/reverstris-lite/settings.ini
to
Code:
chown -R user:users /opt/reverstris-lite
Ok, I changed it, thanks. I'm using GNU/Linux for years now, but I still don't know all that stuff; admiring those who do

Originally Posted by TheBurek View Post

EDIT: Yeah, I see some of you just don't waste any time
Well, the game is just awesome. But I still suck.

Oh, that's far from sucking, believe me, I've heard people complaining it's too difficult to beat the first level

EDIT : There were some problems on the server, sending faulty score lists that can crash the game. If your game crashes on startup, delete client-cache-1.pk7, two and three in /opt/reverstris-lite.

Last edited by TheBurek; 2011-04-07 at 19:47.

*bump*

Just to let you know version 1.2 is out for Android too now, so Krachlik and hxka will now have some new competition I also see someone named "sekvoja!" at level 27 - a first time for Reverstris, if my memory serves me well. Once again, if you have an Android device nearby or NITDroid on your N900, please download and rate at Android Market - thanks.

Now, I have a question of my own - what do I do to make Reverstris DEB compatible with Application Manager? I'm guessing that is a necessary step before putting it in any repositories.

Tags
bada rox, games, reverstris