Active Topics

Hero status conferred to anyone who can get Squeak fully working on maemo Seriously, the Squeak VM runs on maemo but I believe there are outstanding issues such as:

1) Squeak expects a 3-button mouse, although there is a work-around using the Genie package
2) Squeak doesn't play nice with window ordering
3) No sound
4) Network support (not sure exactly what)

If anyone is interested but not familiar with Squeak then I or someone else from the Squeak community would be willing to help in any way. I'm new to maemo and not familiar with Squeak VM hacking although I am tooling up to take a bite at it. It would be much quicker if a god-like maemo hacker could focus on it and from what I have read so far about the Squeak VM it seems a tidy arrangement separating platform code from non-platform specific code (so my guess is not too much knowledge of Squeak is needed).

Why Squeak? If you have no idea what I'm talking about then visit http://www.squeak.org but, long story short, it contains a fantastic amount of code ("apps" if you prefer) and a nifty interface called "Morphic" that is fully configurable to your every desire. IMHO it's a perfect dev environment no matter what your level (ok, I admit it has a steep learning curve but once you are over the first hurdle then it's (almost ) plain sailing).

Pretty puullllease

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to muki For This Useful Post: