I have never used Sailfish/Meego/Nemo Before, and I recently got a used Nokia N9, because Sailfish looks intriguing. I used to be an Android Hacker/Developer, but because of recent Google decisions I am jumping ship.

I would like to install Sailfish OS onto my Nokia N9, but the guides are a bit overwhelming for somebody who has never even seen Meego/Sailfish outside of the internet. Can somebody please walk me through how I can accomplish this, because I am a bit lost. I have access to a Windows Vista PC, (shudder) an Ubuntu computer, and an iMac. The later being the most easily accessible for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Android Hacker.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Elyos View Post
Android Hacker.
Brainless reply, or contibution from u indeed!

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
There are no special guides for noobs and will never be.
If you want to read and follow steps you can use wiki: http://wiki.maemo.org/Sailfish
And your future questions about troubles in installing sailfish please post here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90761

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aQUICK1 View Post
Brainless reply, or contibution from u indeed!
I couldnt resist.

one could say the same about your post, though.

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ CA, USA
What coderus said was 100% correct. There will never be a 100% safe, effective method of installing the OS for noobs, because of the sheer number of steps involved. If you don't understand what you're doing, it's recommended that you don't do it until you read more and understand the whole procedure and any risks involved.

I need some extra space for cloud storage. Help me get some! (You get some too)