A Nokia of any kind in Southern California? There's maybe ten, and I have four of them.

I'll be adding myself to the ranks of n900 owners in Stockholm within the next few days! Can't wait for it to arrive!

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Canberra, Australia
The only other N900 I've ever seen is that of my electronics/robotics teacher. He introduced me to the N900.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
the guy sitting next to me on a plane had one, i was amazed. this was many months ago.

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
I posted this in another thread, but its a funny story of my first wild spotting.

I finally saw my first one in the wild the other week. It was about 12:45am and I was at a gas station in the Northern Va area picking up a pack of smokes, these two indian guys walk in and try to buy beer. They found you cant buy beer in va after midnight. I had a 6 beers left over from a 12 pack a buddy and I split earlier in the evening and decided to sell it to them since I saw what happened. One of the guys needed change to get the beer, so he runs into the store and the other one is out there with me. The guy out there explains to me that they didnt know beer sales cutoff at midnight out here, and then his phone goes off. Its a N900!! I said to him "Holy Sh*t dude your phone!" He gets a confused look and is like huh, so I say "As$hole, your phone look!" and pull mine out. His eyes light up and he says "Oh wow, you're the first person I met that has one too" He was visiting my area from new york, and after that I was so geeked out, I ended up giving them the beer. Ownership has its privileges.

The Following User Says Thank You to ZackMorris For This Useful Post:
Posts: 126 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ San Francisco
i have yet to see another use in person O_O i saw the n900 displayed at the hong kong airport electronics shopping section, but other than that, havent seen another n900 in real life! crazy!

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
A Nokia of any kind in Southern California? There's maybe ten, and I have four of them.
lol
I've seen 2 people with N900's while traveling on the trains. That's since May.
But then again a lot of Australians get sucked into marketing, that's why 50% have iphones.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
In Hamilton, New Zealand, I think there may be 2 N900 users. Me and the other guy
N900 is a rare specie. PS mine became super heated this morning from Hildon-home (6days up time) and I have to killed it and rerun it to cool down my device without restarting. Nokia needs to fix this hildon-home issue.

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Vienna
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
In Hamilton, New Zealand, I think there may be 2 N900 users. Me and the other guy
N900 is a rare specie. PS mine became super heated this morning from Hildon-home (6days up time) and I have to killed it and rerun it to cool down my device without restarting. Nokia needs to fix this hildon-home issue.
I did not see one in the wild in Vienna/AT up to now.
My sister-in-law liked the device when I was getting some information at birthday of my mother-in-law.
:-)

Checking via Google I just learned that benny1967 is the only
N900 user in Vienna afaics.

Edit: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=34604
shows that there are more users in AT...

Edit2: just learned, that a colleague in the office next to mine has one.
8-)

Last edited by ME2g; 2011-01-11 at 14:38.

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ New Hampshire, US
Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
the guy sitting next to me on a plane had one, i was amazed. this was many months ago.
Flight to/from San Diego? Boston? Chicago? Salt Lake City? I think that's all the places I've flow to this year .