Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Actually, you have 3 jobs on that which are in California

Ha ! Got the ideal cover letter for the graphic designer position !

http://thedailywtf.com/Articles/The-...andidates.aspx

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
I don't doubt its a nice place, but would I want to live in Helsinki? I don't think so. I am just saying, not MY dream job.

#1 I dont like large cities (population of almost 600K 1.3mil with surrounding areas)
#2 My dream job is some place warm with a nice beach.
You might be surprised. Helsinki does not feel like a large city. It's not at all like US equivalents. Traffic is very light too-- when I'm there I get around largely by foot or taxi (and occasionally by train).

Also in the summer the beaches are warm and the women beautiful. Scary beautiful.

I love Helsinki... and sure miss those trips...

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
You might be surprised. Helsinki does not feel like a large city. It's not at all like US equivalents. Traffic is very light too-- when I'm there I get around largely by foot or taxi (and occasionally by train).

Also in the summer the beaches are warm and the women beautiful. Scary beautiful.

I love Helsinki... and sure miss those trips...
See what I know, just another stupid American... Are you fooling me? Is summer like 2 weeks long?

heh not to be confused with feh or meh
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
#1 I dont like large cities (population of almost 600K 1.3mil with surrounding areas)
#2 My dream job is some place warm with a nice beach
Hmm, how about selling ice cream on Ibiza beaches?

See what I know, just another stupid American... Are you fooling me? Is summer like 2 weeks long?
Depends on your definition of summer It's not that short, but it's not mediterraneran plastic-melting heat. If I was home, I'd call it late spring but they were pretty adamant it was summer

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Never been to Helsinki but I'm pretty sure they're beautiful even during the rest of the year

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
The parkas make it more difficult to appreciate that.

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
dream job at Nokia: Department of devices from the future

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
Hmm, how about selling ice cream on Ibiza beaches?
Looks very nice from google satellite maps, think I could sell enough Ice cream to support 6 people?

You got a stand your looking to fill
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.