Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Something probably very important: The gtalk status message appears inside the conversation as an SMS message.

If the status message reads like something one would write in an SMS it might cause misunderstandings and awkward conversations

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
I havent noticed such behaviour, maybe you should buy a new wifi AP with bigger antennas.
I can confirm similar behaviour. When transferring files via scp when Jolla screen is OFF, transfers generally become sluggish or even stalled.
I have noticed that if I try pinging my stby Jolla, I usually do not get any response and when I wake up the screen by double tap I see pings coming back from Jolla immediately.

PS. My router is in the same room, quite new and powerful TP-link wr941nd

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by wout.martens View Post
Pully menu.
User can pull higher than the action resulting in nothing, should be limited to the action.
No. I like this and assume it is intentional and should remain so, it means the pulley menu remains when you release you finger from the display.

However the distance the pulley moves in relation to your finger move could be upped. I sometime use the pulley menu from halfway down the screen and run out of real estate to pull to the top item

The Following User Says Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
No. I like this and assume it is intentional and should remain so, it means the pulley menu remains when you release you finger from the display.
I agree, it's great as it is. You can even just do a fast gesture like a swipe top to down, without any accuracy required, but from the middle of the screen. It will trigger the pulley menu and show all options, and they will stay displayed even if your finger does not touch the screen anymore. You can then select options in the pulley menu by tapping if you want. Nothing mandatory here, and I really like this feature because it gives you the choice without any cost on the other method, and allows showing all options. I usually use the Pulley menu the regular way, but this two-step way can be really helpful if you know you won't be accurate for some reason (walking, akward way of holding the phone) or whenever it's more convenient to divide the behavior in two steps, who knows. I myself used it several times although I hardly find a definite situation.

However the distance the pulley moves in relation to your finger move could be upped. I sometime use the pulley menu from halfway down the screen and run out of real estate to pull to the top item
I like it as it is currently, I find the sensitivity quite well balanced, but I guess it's a matter of users. Perhaps a "sensitivity slider" in settings could be useful. Perhaps not a priority though, and too many options can sometimes be a bad thing.

Does anyone know how to help me on the following matter? Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
By the way, could you please tell me how to automatically mount the SD card at startup? It is a 64 GB card, so I had to format it to Ext4 (exFat is not supported for that size and the Jolla does not support the mkfs.vfat function, but I had to use the Jolla to change the filesystem because I have no card reader). The filesystem may be related with the no-automounting-issue.

I still wonder how to add files to the SD card too. I tried to mount it to /home/nemo/sdcard using "mount -o /dev/mmcblk1p1", went to this location through my SFTP software, but could only add a few files (certainly not 64 GB) before I started to get writting errors messages. I also tried to add files directly to /run/user/100000/media/sdcard, but no rights to write there apparently.

Finally, when the above problem will be solved, how should I proceed for the files on the SD card to appear in Gallery and Media apps?

I'm not asking the questions specifically to you Qwazix don't worry , just using your post to rise them. They're related.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2013-12-24 at 11:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
There seems to be little bug in the notes application:

1) I have three notes with text in it
2) Long press the second or the third note and select "move to top" (I don't know the exact english text there as I'm on another language)

-> None of the notes can be edited any more. The only solution is to close notes and open it again.

BTW: I would very much appreciate it
- if a box with a note were as broad as the whole screen in portrait mode
- if one could scroll the content of the box without having to enter the box with the note

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Is it possible to enable it in sshd? I keep having to tap on the device to wake it up to continue working while sshed in, only way currently is to put 10 minutes on screen timeout but that surely drains more power.
def not a good idea I simply because most the time youer not logged in and turning off sleep because sshd is running is wrong. better solution when logged in would be 1 make sure charger pluged, as rainisto said, if using it more than screen timeout.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-12-24 at 12:04.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
I can confirm the "problem with sync" issue, exactly as reported. I tried to pinpoint the error extensively, it is not auth-related, authorization happens, but then imap replies with "that's all she said" and dies. UI shows updating seemingly forever and then "problem with sync"

I also had a case of jolla-email doing 100% on both processors, I have a photo of htop, if you need that for forensics please ask.
check smtp problem thread there is a fix for many of us who had problem with sync error

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
I havent noticed such behaviour, maybe you should buy a new wifi AP with bigger antennas.
My WiFi is fine, problem is Jolla/Sailfish.

The Following User Says Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
def not a good idea I simply because most the time youer not logged in and turning off sleep because sshd is running is wrong. better solution when logged in would be 1 make sure charger pluged, as rainisto said, if using it more than screen timeout.
Sorry, don't agree. Charger is a workaround not really a solution. Until hwkb OH materializes sshing with N900 is the only option to do anything on the device on the go (fingerterm might be ok to issue one command or two, edit a file with it? nightmare with the overlay switching all the time, maybe in portrait, still you'll be able to do it 5 times faster by ssh). Even compile on the go is not an option as it will be halted/suspended (torrents? http server? many usage cases are not at all possible with Jolla that would fly on the N900). Really hope current aggressive power saving is because of the NFC bug (idling with wifi on/checking email every 5 minutes - 71% battery left after 25h, before 'fix' would be almost flat by now) short deadlines and last minute tuning and will be toned down (or some workaround provided, or do we have to switch to android 'multitasking' now and run fingerterm as service to prevent it from going suspended? I kinda liked maemo multitasking and was expecting same from Jolla, or is this normal behaviour on N9?)

So this is new:

I come home, check my Jolla, it's on mobile network.
I check ten minutes later, still on mobile, hasn't switched to WIFI.

I select 'settings', settings shows a loading screen and then disappears again. After a few tries it finally opens.

WIFI in the settings is switched off and ->can't be turned on again<-

Mobile Network in the setting tells me it is deactivated. I can tap it and the light in front of the setting goes on, but it STILL tells me it is deactivated.

However, I DO have internet connection, FB App works normally.

I already had this problem once today, and when I turned off the Jolla, a red notification light remained and I couldn't turn it back on, had to remove battery.

Will report if the same happens now.

Edit: Reboot worked fine (maybe it just needed more time to boot again), wifi connected fine. We'll see if that is a reproducable bug.

Last edited by Ozymandias; 2013-12-24 at 20:55. Reason: more info