Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by tabletrat View Post
OK, thanks. The bugtracker is not the most intuitive type in the world is it!
No argument here! I had a lot of help from timeless (and others) learning my way around bugzilla, so don't take my corrections as admonishment, but as a "The more you know".

Originally Posted by tabletrat View Post
Anyway it is there now. It probably isn't going to get added, but as you say, it stands no chance getting added if noone asks.
Oh, I don't know. It's a fairly reasonable feature request (at least from the software perspective—UI spec, documentation, and platform issues could be harder), and may even be something that's on their radar internally. It wont be added anytime soon, but giving it a profile will at least let them know of our desires.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by briand View Post
how do the apple fanboys print from their iPhone and iTouch ?

I email the document to my secretary and have her courier the thing back to me

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 566 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Tallahassee, FL
LOL! Of course, I forgot the Cupertino Standardized Business Plan...

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Oh holy cow-- I want that font program!
See this thread for info and download link:

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...49&postcount=3

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RogerS For This Useful Post:
ok so I gave xprint a go.. as I think I mentioned, it turns out to be a piece of the whole xserver source code (I'm looking at the standard Debian xorg version), and initial build tests indicate that it won't necessarily be trivial to build, due to dependencies of software not in Maemo. Presumably the right path would be to start with the xserver-xomap source instead, I guess it's located somewhere.

Meanwhile, it looks like the xserver would need to be built with an xprint extension option, but I will have to learn a bit more about this whole thing before I go any further.

In any case, with respect to the feature request mentioned by GA and others, what I guess we should as for from Nokia is the kind of xprt/xprint-supported xserver that we get on any other Debian system (I haven't yet looked at the bugzilla link provided earlier). As far as the actual printing server support is concerned we're not dependent on Nokia, as mentioned in my earlier posting these are pretty much trivial (doesn't need integration into Nokia parts, for example).

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I haven't really found any use for printing, yet. All the things I used to use paper for, I can do on my N800 screen. I go to my local computer store, and instead of handing them a printout of an e-mail like I used to, I hand them my N800 with the order information on the screen, and they look it up from there, then hand the N800 back to me.

I have also been unable to get my late-model Samsung (Windows SMB) laser printer to print through KDE. I think it's a driver issue. The closest I got was having the printer's motor spin up like it was going to print, and then... nothing...

All that being said, I voted for the enhancement

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
In any case, with respect to the feature request mentioned by GA and others, what I guess we should as for from Nokia is the kind of xprt/xprint-supported xserver that we get on any other Debian system (I haven't yet looked at the bugzilla link provided earlier).
I may be reading wrong, but you're not seriously suggesting we dump xomap, are you?

Oh no, that's not what I meant - I tried to say that when they build xserver-xomap from sources they should enable xprt/xprint support (which would include the xprint extension in the xomap server as well as create a separate, additional package for the standalone part, called xprt or xprint (I think that depends on if the server is xfree86 or xorg)).

Again, it depends a bit on if my current understanding of the xprint extension is t all correct.

The Following User Says Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post:

The Following User Says Thank You to daradib For This Useful Post: