Posts: 30 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Coruņa, ES
Hey! It's great you're all using it in Fremantle. Please, guys, take some time to report bugs in https://projects.developer.nokia.com/butaca/query (or just write them here and I will file these bugs)

Anyway: it's great you're enjoying the app: thank inean for it (since he's porting Qt Components and doing the backport related stuff).

And for the people wondering how to get this working in Fremantle, please check http://wiki.maemo.org/QtComponents/Butaca. Eventually, I'll try to make it easier and integrate inean changes upstream in Butaca

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bulfaiter For This Useful Post:
Thank you this is a great app. But currently it doesn't show showtimes on my location (Philippines). Would be great if support will be added

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ssjmec For This Useful Post:
Just a heads up to contributors and users:

The Movie Database updated their API to v3 and removed support for v2.1. The new API does not support xml anymore; only JSON.
So even in the latest development version the genre list and search are not working anymore. The used API key is still valid.
So whoever feels up to the task, may update the Butaca source code =)

API doc:
http://docs.themoviedb.apiary.io/

already available wrappers:
http://www.themoviedb.org/documentat...pers-libraries

Butaca git:
https://gitorious.org/butaca

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to whisk4s For This Useful Post:
I experienced problems when I wanted to install butaca again because i bought a new N9.
It says there are unresolved dependencies regarding libqt4-webkit and qt-components-10.
Does anyone know how I could fix this easily? Really love butaca and would want to use it again..

I fixed app according to the new TMDB API and added some small enhancements.
Please find a snapshot .deb attached, which corresponds to this commit.
Current issues are listed here. I do appreciate any comments and bug reports.

Update:
Please find the most recent version in openrepos/warehouse.
Attached Files
File Type: deb butaca_0.9.0_armel.deb (175.6 KB, 85 views)

Last edited by whisk4s; 2014-04-14 at 11:20.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to whisk4s For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
It looks great! I haven't run into any issues that aren't already listed.
I do have a question/request... Are you planning on adding television information? I find the actor searches incomplete when only movies are listed, so it would be great to see that info there, also.
Keep up the great work!

Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
Are you planning on adding television information? I find the actor searches incomplete when only movies are listed, so it would be great to see that info there, also.
Definitely possible. TMDB has that information and it can be requested in the API.
The issue is more therein that butaca is currently a movie app and I wasn't too sure about extending it into the TV series realm. Then the new content would have to be merged into the movie filmography (I think the API delivers it separately).
Thanks for the feedback. I'll think about it and will add it to the issue tracker for now.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to whisk4s For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Thank you for the new release.
Can you please look on Transifex (if you have the access) and add requested languages? I'd be glad to translate this app to Czech.

Also, any plans for SailfishOS port? I have tried it and were quite succesful with the UI, but I'm not very familiar with C++, so I couldn't finish it even id I had the time.

The Following User Says Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by whisk4s View Post
The issue is more therein that butaca is currently a movie app and I wasn't too sure about extending it into the TV series realm.
I can understand that, for sure. I'm the kind of guy that wants to know the entire body of work of an actor I am looking up. If that doesn't fall into the duties of this app, that's alright. I'll survive!

Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
Can you please look on Transifex (if you have the access) and add requested languages? I'd be glad to translate this app to Czech.
Thanks! I will get back to you on this once the UI has stabilized.

Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
Also, any plans for SailfishOS port?
As I do not own one myself, I can't.

The Following User Says Thank You to whisk4s For This Useful Post: