Posts: 204 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Germany - Potsdam
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
That is a problem. I dont trust foreign batteries less than 6000mAh.
after kidding around, the battery is from China and still good. Could be a hardware problem, because the battery life is worse with android 4.4 too. A very cheap lenovo tablet with same chipset needs 2% per night only.

The Following User Says Thank You to meemorph For This Useful Post:
Sorry meant to post this before - Very pleased to discover that after an OS update and an Android software update the BBC Radio app now works just fine (it used to just say loading stream and then nothing)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zenecho For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Hi. Which update?

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by zenecho View Post
Sorry meant to post this before - Very pleased to discover that after an OS update and an Android software update the BBC Radio app now works just fine (it used to just say loading stream and then nothing)
Wasn't there a recent update for the BBC Radio app as well?

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Sailfish Build 2.0.2.51
BBC RADIO 2.10.5.8088

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zenecho For This Useful Post:
Sailfish Build 2.0.2.51
BBC RADIO 2.10.5.8088
Old version of Sailfish, absolutely no ****ing clue about the build of the BBC Radio app without having to hunt down a changelog - not an user, but saw mention online not too long ago about updates happening.

Edit: Seems like you've seen an update after March 2016 given your version that you listed out for the BBC Radio.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Gerbick

Thank you for you interest, its nice to know Im not alone, but I am slightly confused by your questions as I did post originally to say its now all working?

The Following User Says Thank You to zenecho For This Useful Post:
Gerbick

Thank you for you interest, its nice to know Im not alone, but I am slightly confused by your questions as I did post originally to say its now all working?
No. I'm simply stating that there was an update to Sailfish as well as the BBC Radio Android app. Both updates seems to have remedied your problem. My inquiry was into when the BBC Radio app got updated. Not the version.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Hello Gerbick

I see sorry Im a bit useless. i remember I updated the OS, and did not check to see if the BBC Radio app worked or not. A few days later there was an Automatic Android update and I saw that the BBC Radio app had been updated , so I gave it a try and it worked

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zenecho For This Useful Post:
Hello Gerbick

I see sorry Im a bit useless. i remember I updated the OS, and did not check to see if the BBC Radio app worked or not. A few days later there was an Automatic Android update and I saw that the BBC Radio app had been updated , so I gave it a try and it worked
Never useless. I knew of others having problems with the BBC Radio; so if an update resolves those problems, that helps a lot of other people.

Thanks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfishos