Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Disable all openrepos before initiating the update
If you do have openrepos enabled on your device, disable all of them before you do the upgrade. Otherwise there's a high chance of your device getting broken.

We have implemented disabling of additional repositories before system updates with this release. This will come into effect next update onwards.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
[*]Still no LTE? Shame. I guess it's not essential, but it's disappointing that this is still not available. Limited resources means tough decisions, I suppose, and stability/reliability has to be #1.
await tweak from rainisto in radio switcher thread, now the engine is fixed failback switching tweak should be very near

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
I love how my useless post about warehouse screwing with OS update available notifications became relevant
And this is not for the first time, IIRC.

We've taken some precautions regarding this issue now in update 4, but apparently you have to use update 3 for going to update 4 , so it will only help with the next update. Then we'll see if it helps.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by d0n_Egg1 View Post
my jolla tells me it's up to date... with 1.0.3.8
are they already down?
*want to update*
start disable openrepos instead since that may take some time disable all repos since dogslow doing that in warehouse app.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
start disable openrepos instead since that may take some time disable all repos since dogslow doing that in warehouse app.
sorry for my lack of knowledge, what is that warehouse app everybody is talking about? and how to disable openrepos? (well if I had to ask i don't think i've some openrepos enabled)

Originally Posted by d0n_Egg1 View Post
sorry for my lack of knowledge, what is that warehouse app everybody is talking about? and how to disable openrepos? (well if I had to ask i don't think i've some openrepos enabled)
it's the extras-devel of sailfish, use at your own risk and when you trust the dev, no QA, no guarantees, cool stuff otherwise

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
after the cleanup zypper lr gives this:

# | Alias | Name | Enabled | Refresh
---+-------------+-------------+---------+--------
1 | adaptation0 | adaptation0 | Yes | No
2 | adaptation1 | adaptation1 | Yes | No
3 | aliendalvik | aliendalvik | Yes | No
4 | apps | apps | Yes | No
5 | eas | eas | Yes | No
6 | hotfixes | hotfixes | Yes | No
7 | jolla | jolla | Yes | No
8 | mer-tools | mer-tools | Yes | No
9 | store | store | Yes | No
10 | xt9 | xt9 | Yes | No
Is that correct? Can someone verify ?
Barnabas Collins

Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
We're having 'repair the Jolla device due to 3rd party repository breaking your device' clinic in #jollamobile at irc.freenode.net.

You'll need to have SSH server enabled on your device before being able to, else it's a recovery mode thing.
I had SSH enabled previously. It only worked over wifi. Just noticed that on my computer I had ip addres 192.168.1.77 stored in SSH client settings. Most likely it was the one I used before to connect before over wifi. However, now it does not seem to work. I already also tried USB ip 192.168.2.15 and no luck.

Any other adress I could try? What is used IP range? Sorry for stuped questions. But I would like to get my phone back running again...

Originally Posted by szopin View Post
it's the extras-devel of sailfish, use at your own risk and when you trust the dev, no QA, no guarantees, cool stuff otherwise
Not so cool when upgrade phone thats for sure.

Originally Posted by Silwer View Post
I had SSH enabled previously. It only worked over wifi. Just noticed that on my computer I had ip addres 192.168.1.77 stored in SSH client settings. Most likely it was the one I used before to connect before over wifi. However, now it does not seem to work. I already also tried USB ip 192.168.2.15 and no luck.

Any other adress I could try? What is used IP range? Sorry for stuped questions. But I would like to get my phone back running again...
try 10.42.66.66

Tags
"soon", "sooner", "when?"