Tried updating my phone with NSU but each time when it tries to install it stops. see attached please.

After that i disconnect my phone from the computer and it hangs and i'd have to remove the btry.

Any help please?
Attached Images

Had exactly this problem. Apparently at the same time as a lot of other people trying to update yesterday.

It stoped at 33.6MB every time!
Tried it under windows 7 ultimate 64 on my PC and windows XP on my laptop... both gave the same problem.

Tried it again today on my laptop, and tadaa... it just installed!
Maybe nokia had some crazy problem going on :-)

Good luck!

OK sorry about that... it wasn't the same problem.. just gave the same screen... NOW I have the same problem where the phone just hangs during the update. I'll see post results if I can get it to work.

OK Got it to work now.... Tried 2 more times with the same result... update gives error as you described and phone hangs... had to take out the battery aswell....

What I did was take out the SD Memory card, tried it again, and it WORKED! Hope this helps for you too!

Hi Wracky, I received that update on my phone but when I tried to install the update, it said I didn't have enough memory in my target location. So I uninstalled some applications but on the recent one I uninstalled, I don't know which one, it somehow doesn't allow my phone to boot up now. I've tried all venues, I can't seem to get it to turn back on. I don't care about the update anymore, I just want my phone to be back to normal. I'm a novice at this and I use a mac no PC. Any suggestions?

well tried it again from my other computer running windows 7 and it worked perfectly.. cheers

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
My advice would be to use flasher instead. Do a complete back up to memory card and then flash the phone and the emmc.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_t...rmware#Windows

BUT beware it does not work with Win 7 64Bit, which I suspect is why you are having problems with NSU and Win7 64

same problem here...
any solvings? i dont want to reflash everything...
why isnt nokia able to just update the n900 via wifi...
crappy pcsuite alway fails at everything...

EDIT:
i tried it on 3 different pcs and on everyone it failed at 6,3mb downloaded...

Last edited by WAAAH; 2010-05-30 at 13:11.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
They go through all the trouble of getting the update and ooops its not what they really expected lol.

maybe someone can help me with updating my phone. I already have removed over 3/4 of all my apps and when i enter rf -h into the x terminal i still get that i use 83% of my rootf (this said it tells me further that i have only 37,7 mb free of storage space).
So i go on to instell the new update but i can`t. it breaks up at 6,3 and tells me something about conecting the phone via USB and that the problem may lie within the servers of nokia themselves.
I don`t know what to do, I`m using win7 64 bit and earlier updates have worked quite well.