It's bizarre that more here are talking about this N1 and not the Jolla tablet. The N1 is a Foxcon creation and only licensed the Nokia name. Nokia isn't the one selling it, didn't make it, and won't be servicing it. I personally think it should be ignored completely as it is a sad copy of another device.
The Jolla on the other hand...

The Following User Says Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
There are almost 4 times as many posts in the Jolla at Slush 2014 thread than this thread.

See http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...7&goto=newpost

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by lancewex View Post
It's bizarre that more here are talking about this N1 and not the Jolla tablet. The N1 is a Foxcon creation and only licensed the Nokia name. Nokia isn't the one selling it, didn't make it, and won't be servicing it. I personally think it should be ignored completely as it is a sad copy of another device.
The Jolla on the other hand...
the difference is that while Jolla has its own OS, Apple has its own OS, both companies will be forgiven to shop at foxconn or other Taiwanese OEM for hardware.

Frankly, at that price point, there is no other way: check type: flat phone, tablet, laptop, design the shell, demand specs and see if Taiwanese OEM can cramp in the parts.

'Nokia' ridicule themselves with their Android + launcher. Commodore with Windows anyone?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post

'Nokia' ridicule themselves with their Android + launcher. Commodore with Windows anyone?
Thats mostly the gist of it.

Altough Nokia is leasing its logo and brand to a much more competent and high quality manufacturer (Foxconn) than all the Commodore, Atari, etc rip offs.

EDIT: This is also interesting:

I don't really doubt Foxconn's engineering and manufacturing capability, but how good they are at customer care, liabilities, warranty, etc remains to be seen.

Last edited by Rauha; 2014-11-20 at 08:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Not sure if it has been said yet, but the Z Launcher works rather well with tge Jolla. First boot is slow granted, but the gesture functions are great. Eorth checking out for those who haven't yet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
Hi, I have a cousin in China, if I have him get this for me, do you think there will be any issues besides warranty?
E.g. Wifi, play store, etc

The Following User Says Thank You to balisingh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by balisingh View Post
Hi, I have a cousin in China, if I have him get this for me, do you think there will be any issues besides warranty?
E.g. Wifi, play store, etc
The Chinese model doesn't have the Play store installed and I would suspect any Google services that aren't allowed in China.

The Following User Says Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
You could flash the Play Store and other Google Services. Its on Cyangogen's website, otherwise Google it. It is possible.

Its actually illegal, but nobody really cares... not even Google.

I'm flattered

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
You could flash the Play Store and other Google Services. Its on Cyangogen's website, otherwise Google it. ...
I tried all sort of googling, nothing turned up, i am assuming the 50K or so chinese that got these, are using chinese language websites.

Plus there were reports that it would have an unlocked bootloader. But no confirmation.

Last edited by balisingh; 2015-01-29 at 19:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to balisingh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 57 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Mar 2015 @ Gotham
Speaker holes: Nokia N9/925

Tags
alive, nokia