Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Lithuania
Why is n900 heating? what is the safest oc freqs?

Originally Posted by MJ m View Post
help!
when nitdroid boots,it says battery is too low and shuts down. have used nitdroid before without problems.

thanks!
you must plug your phone on charging before booting on nitdroid...and wait until its done...

Originally Posted by roflmaoo View Post
what version of N12 do you install??if 2.3.7, this update is highly experimental thats why the phone is overheating..just stay on 2.3.4 for the mean time..lets wait ammyt to update this kind of problem..

The Following User Says Thank You to ronald122789 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 176 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Italy
Your n900 is heating because,if you dont do the following steps, the system sets the CPU to its maximum (1150 mhz):

1) go to /system/etc/
2) search for files oc-profile-***-***.conf
3) rename one of these in "power.conf"

Personally I've renamed "oc-profile-250-500.conf" and increased by leafpad the 500 limit to 750 limit and is perfect

Note that, everytime you will use wifi in nitdroid, the n900 will still heat a bit

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blackjack4it For This Useful Post:
Posts: 33 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ronald122789 View Post
what version of N12 do you install??if 2.3.7, this update is highly experimental thats why the phone is overheating..just stay on 2.3.4 for the mean time..lets wait ammyt to update this kind of problem..
my version is 2.3.4!

retsaw,have you 2.3.4?

thanks!

Originally Posted by blackjack4it View Post
Your n900 is heating because,if you dont do the following steps, the system sets the CPU to its maximum (1150 mhz):

1) go to /system/etc/
2) search for files oc-profile-***-***.conf
3) rename one of these in "power.conf"

Personally I've renamed "oc-profile-250-500.conf" and increased by leafpad the 500 limit to 750 limit and is perfect

Note that, everytime you will use wifi in nitdroid, the n900 will still heat a bit
Helped allot! Im using 2.3.4, and i have another problem, when i boot in nitdroid the internet is on, and when i use it for an hour, it stops working, and sms wont get to it. What can you say?

The Following User Says Thank You to roflmaoo For This Useful Post:
it looks like my nitdroid does not see the battery.
it boots only if it is in charge and if i put charger off, shuts down.

thanks

Helped allot! Im using 2.3.4, and i have another problem, when i boot in nitdroid the internet is on, and when i use it for an hour, it stops working, and sms wont get to it. What can you say?
if i uderstood right, you have to disable pin code in maemo. too much work for me. i use nitdroid only for gaming.

i have also that wlan problem. put wlan off, then on again. that works alvays for me.

thanks

if i uderstood right, you have to disable pin code in maemo. too much work for me. i use nitdroid only for gaming.

i have also that wlan problem. put wlan off, then on again. that works alvays for me.

thanks
for wlan problem its easy there is a software in market is called unlock with wifi free .this would fix the wifi problem

The Following User Says Thank You to zozeta2 For This Useful Post:

thanks
Yes, im using it for games too. PIN code is disabled, ahh nevermind

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid