Notices

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
To get this to extras you need to change the bugtracker url to, for example,
Code:
https://bugs.maemo.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=anselA
and the description in the control file should be something like this:
Code:
Description: Digital Darkroom for the N900.
 Supporting B&W Conversion, Color Correction, 
 Precision Rotation, Photo Browsing, 
 Level Adjustments and Simple Filters. 
 Pronounced 'Ansel, A'.
Short and long descriptions are then generated properly.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by lostinmirkwood View Post
sounds like a good idea, feel free to add a feature request here
Thanks for the suggestion.. added a post.

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 128 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
The cropping of vertically shot images ("portrait") is broken. You see on the screen the image in its right orientation, but the cropping happens as if the image was rotated in "landscape" view.
This is unfortunately a known bug, Haven't quite figured out the math transposition between the thumbnail and the rotated portrait (90CW 90CCW) images. Thanks for spotting it. ( I was hopping it would slip by for at least the weekend.

Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
Also, when you undo the cropping and revert to the original image, and you try to crop again, you find that the cropping window remembers the previous cropping attempt, and can't be reset to the full image.
Undo has some strange issues with crop/rotate where the thumbnail isn't correctly updated before or afterwards. It'll also cause a miscount in your undo steps so that instead of going back to the selected undo point it ends up at your current point with the intermediary steps deleted. The thumbnail seems to be able to directly access the current image and not the thumbnail copy. (which it shouldn't be able to do, nor is that the intent). I'll have to look deeper into python.Imaging/CImg to see it during Crop or Rotate the actual image is manipulated and not a copy/deepcopy of the image.

When my head programmer gets in tomorrow I'll ask him, err... that's me, I'm looking into it.

The Following User Says Thank You to lostinmirkwood For This Useful Post:
Opps. Never even tested that. I'll submit that bug tomorrow.
wait I just saved a photo in pdf fotmat .. I'm impressed!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to andrew_85 For This Useful Post:
I know NOW why they call it Extras-TESTING, It's been 3 hours and the community has found, confirmed and reported back more bugs then I'd stumbled across in a week.

This is so beneficial, who am kidding? This is freaking awesome! Thanks so much guys.

Just an open question, since it's headed on 4am here in NJ, at what point do the amount of bug/issues make someone retract a release? (I'm not going to, I think honestly it works sort of well) or do I carry on as I have in -devel and fix-release++? and try to get a new version into -testing as fast as possible and vote down this one?

There is no intent at all of getting this version into Extras, I just needed to get out of -devel and have some fresh eyes see the issues.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lostinmirkwood For This Useful Post:
Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Well done!

What a great app - easy to use and very polished you should be proud of yourself.

Especially as an initial release.

Is it also possible to run this on a "normal" desktop computer?

The Following User Says Thank You to johnel For This Useful Post:
oops, my bad, I deleted my version and left the commented version, strangely enough the button that links to it in my code is correct.

As far as the description, I have that. but It seems I have it wrong. it populates the incorrect field when you install. I just need to look at someone else's files to get the right text, I've based mine off of the py2deb examples.

Also for the past 8 releases, I've been constantly editing the changeloginformation with each release but I never see it in control file

Originally Posted by johnel View Post
Is it also possible to run this on a "normal" desktop computer?

I do on my machine, but the deb won't install due to specific maemo5 depends. but there's nothing funny here, as long as you have >PyQt4.6 and >Python2.5 and Python-Image you should be set and can run from /src.

The Following User Says Thank You to lostinmirkwood For This Useful Post:

There is no intent at all of getting this version into Extras, I just needed to get out of -devel and have some fresh eyes see the issues.
I think the program itself seems stable enough though. You can promote stuff to extras with know bugs as long as they are minor and don't crash the application. For difficult bugs you can disable the feature if there is no quick workaround (mention this in description). That way the N900 gets a great app, and you can then take the time to work out the rest of the bugs, and then post an update.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:
oops, my bad, I deleted my version and left the commented version, strangely enough the button that links to it in my code is correct.

As far as the description, I have that. but It seems I have it wrong. it populates the incorrect field when you install. I just need to look at someone else's files to get the right text, I've based mine off of the py2deb examples.

Also for the past 8 releases, I've been constantly editing the changeloginformation with each release but I never see it in control file
the description in the source of 0.9-1 is all on one line, so that must have gone wrong. you can edit the control file directly, the lines after the first description line need a space in the beginning, like my example.

I usually do
dch -i
to increment version and add changelog entry. And that does not and should not do anything to the control file. Only changelog.

to create the files for extras i do a
dpkg-buildpackage -sn -S

(I don't know how you build your packages, just thought I'd mention how I do mine, in case it helps)

Tags
darkroom, image, photography