Am I just missing where this setting is? I know you can change the ringtone per contact, but I get a lot of messages from our Nagios monitoring server at work, and before, I simply used the Email to SMS gateway method, so everything showed up as a MMS message. So I'd get the regular text message sound, but get a different icon on the low power screen.

Yesterday I managed to get the time to finalize the last steps on getting Nagios to use a Nokia 3G modem that I send straight SMS through (in case our Internet completely goes down). So now they're showing up on the LPS as standard text messages.

That's why I am looking for the option to change the sounds that the phone makes when Nagios sends me a message. But overall, apparently Android can do it, so we don't want something that our phones can't do, but it can, right?

Thanks for any help, maybe it's already there, and I'm just being blind.

slaapliedje
I have figured out the reason 'smartphones' were invented. They are for reading the internet while pooping. This means the best smartphone ever created is the N9. It is the only one that works so well single-handed.

Posts: 491 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Pordenone IT
sms tone+ on the store

Sweet, thanks! I'll check it out.

slaapliedje
I have figured out the reason 'smartphones' were invented. They are for reading the internet while pooping. This means the best smartphone ever created is the N9. It is the only one that works so well single-handed.