Notices

Included in this .zip is all the sentences in sentences/sentences_english.py. Anyone who wants to translate, make a sentences_<yourlanguage>.py and replace the strings; note that as this is incomplete the contents of sentences_english.py will change often, so expect to have to update these.
Attached Files
File Type: zip saera.zip (200.7 KB, 189 views)

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 110 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Bangalore
Originally Posted by Rabah_vip View Post
Waw you are so polit. Why you don't try to find any way to run this application for the nokia n9 if your are a smart ..hhhh
Ahem.. Ahem.. This is a family community.. Peace Peace Please... !!
Take your own time Taixzo.. !!

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
Wow, that would be great! I was planning to ask you about that.
I'll start on it then.

Also: is there any chance ModRana could be used to return an image (so that if one just searches nearby I could show it in-app rather than launching another)?
I guess I can make the query and then return a static map image URL for the result, like this. BTW, which marker icon would you prefer ?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
For people interested in creating support for other languages in pocketsphinx (and by extension to saera), this link will be useful.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to atamariya For This Useful Post:
Taixzo, thanks for working on this. I wanted to do something like this. My idea was something like this:

Run as a daemon and load language model into memory ahead of time (not sure how much memory this takes). No UI unless specifically requested. User could press the camera button or some other trigger to call up the daemon at which time it would utter a noise to indicate it is ready to listen to your command. Then, it would be able to execute many commands via dbus calls, etc. (See: http://wiki.maemo.org/Phone_control). The list of commands available should be user-configurable, with a simple default set included. You might want to look at how "Alarmed" does this for some ideas.

I think it would be useful to think of this as "Maemo Voice Assist" as someone else mentioned, rather than an app per se.

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Included in this .zip is all the sentences in sentences/sentences_english.py. Anyone who wants to translate, make a sentences_<yourlanguage>.py and replace the strings; note that as this is incomplete the contents of sentences_english.py will change often, so expect to have to update these.
Maybe you should add the link on the first page so that the users won't need to look for the program through the whole thread.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
I'll start on it then.

I guess I can make the query and then return a static map image URL for the result, like this. BTW, which marker icon would you prefer ?
I don't care - whichever ModRana uses. I suppose it should stand out from the map though.
Will this functionality work in GTK modrana or only the QT version? I don't have the CSSU installed right now (because I had camera problems).

Taixzo, thanks for working on this. I wanted to do something like this. My idea was something like this:

Run as a daemon and load language model into memory ahead of time (not sure how much memory this takes). No UI unless specifically requested. User could press the camera button or some other trigger to call up the daemon at which time it would utter a noise to indicate it is ready to listen to your command. Then, it would be able to execute many commands via dbus calls, etc. (See: http://wiki.maemo.org/Phone_control). The list of commands available should be user-configurable, with a simple default set included. You might want to look at how "Alarmed" does this for some ideas.

I think it would be useful to think of this as "Maemo Voice Assist" as someone else mentioned, rather than an app per se.
My plan is eventually to have Saera run as a daemon, but I'm working on it in app-only form because it's easier to develop with. I've been using that page, and right now I have calling theoretically implemented, but it doesn't actually work because the language model doesn't recognize number strings.

Maybe you should add the link on the first page so that the users won't need to look for the program through the whole thread.
I'll update the first post.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Also, whichever mod changed the title of the thread, thank you. I wanted to add a "in development" message, but I couldn't figure out how you edit the title.

The Following User Says Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Also, MartinK: if you add location-based reminders, could these be made accessible via command line?

The Following User Says Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Here you are, Taixzo. The Spanish translation.

Now, where is my N9 version of Saera?

If you need a revision or something, just let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sentences_spanish.zip (1.4 KB, 113 views)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alephito For This Useful Post:

Tags
saera, speech-to-text