Can you help me please

My N900 is all messed up, i have been having some problems for some months now

Everything started with the usb getting broken, i took it to repair and it got resoldered, as soon as i booted it after that it started with a reboot loop but after some loops it started normaly but from time to time it rebooted and started with the reboot loop again, that happened every couple hours, I asked arround maemo.org and I was told that R&D mode should solve it, it did help but the reboots kept happening once or twice a week.

Last week the usb got broken again and I took it to get fix again, but now that i got it back the reboots are even worst it just stays on for a couple hours and it goes to a reboot loop for a couple minutes before booting.

Any idea on what else can I do? Right now it is on R&D mode and with no-omap-wd and force-power-key flags, it has kernel 51 but is not overclocked, I Flashed this morning and it still doesnt work, please help.

Thank you.

Anyone please?

Suggest you flash the eMMC and the FIASCO images (in that order). If that's what you did to start with, maybe something went wrong in the process (so you need to try again)?
Flashing just the FIASCO image doesn't reset the whole file system, which is what you need by the sounds of it!

R&D mode is only if you cannot get super-user access, in a normal way (e.g. if "rootsh" is not installed and you can't access the repos) or for actual R & D purposes. Therefore, most people never need R & D mode (IIRC).

The Following User Says Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post:
Thank you for your reply, I already did flash eMMC and FIASCO twice, any other sugestion?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Reboot loop as in restarting by itself ones in away while? Or restarting several times after each other?

What have you tried?
Did you bought it in that state on the open market?
Does it have a clean build or lots of strange software installed?
Have you tried for fixated battery or trying with another battery?
What version of PR are you running?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Yeah - as Dave says,
- the battery could be nearly gone - so power intermittent.
- what version of the firmware did you use to reflash? It should be PR-1.3 or something like 2010.36 i.e. week 36, 2010.

Even if you have done a reflash, it may have gone wrong so try again.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Reboot loop as in restarting by itself ones in away while? Or restarting several times after each other?

What have you tried?
Did you bought it in that state on the open market?
Does it have a clean build or lots of strange software installed?
Have you tried for fixated battery or trying with another battery?
What version of PR are you running?
both, it restarts it self and most of the times when this happens or when i turn it on it shows the nokia logo over and over.

so far what i have done is reflashing and setting up the R&D mode and flags.

I bought it brand new two years ago.

I am a total noob so theres no strange software or anything unusual.

Yes I have tried with a diferent battery and I also used an external charger and it was the same.

I am on PR1.3

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Ok, since it rebooting several times after each other is probably not a power issue. If you know how to doing it you could clean the contacts for the battery or trying to put pressure on the battery. But don't do it while charging since the device could be to hot.

But it seems to be some strange software issue. Hard to tell...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-12-10 at 22:34.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Thank you i will try to do that

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ chicago, IL
same thing happened when i fixed my usb. Take it to the shop and have them retouch up the joints and make sure they aligned the port properly so the traces arent lifting and clean it off with alcohol.

my issue was caused by a single lifted trace

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cinnamoncat For This Useful Post: