Fcamera is useless. Raw pictures converted to JPG doesn't look good. Hell, i don't even know why we need fcamera when you have HDR Capture. HDR Capture is the shyt!! And lowlight doesn't look good also. Fcamera is more useful if they integrate HDR Capture and every other features in there.

Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
Fcamera is useless. Raw pictures converted to JPG doesn't look good. Hell, i don't even know why we need fcamera when you have HDR Capture. HDR Capture is the shyt!! And lowlight doesn't look good also. Fcamera is more useful if they integrate HDR Capture and every other features in there.
I am sure they will start working on this immediately after they read your encouraging opinion about their application. Way to go!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fms For This Useful Post:
Posts: 121 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Alexandria, VA, USA
I found the FCam Getting Started page very helpful. For months, I've had the tools to develop for the N900 but I didn't set them up. The Getting Started instructions are clear and by following them, it did not take long to install Nokia's Qt developer tools and MADDE, build the Animated Tiles demo app and the FCam example1 image capture app, and run them on my N900.

Well done, FCam team! Well done!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to talmage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ NJ, USA
FCamera is nice, Good work guys. Your getting started page explains everything, very nice. Please make sure you improve the app by adding more features.

See some samples here. http://www.nokiatimes.com/2010/07/hd...-settings.html

I noticed that every time you use the built in Camera app I had to restart the phone to use FCamera. Also if the fcamera is running I am not able to take screen shots and screen casts. I guess that can not be changed anyway.

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Hello world!

I had an idea concerning Fcam or more accurately an idea for an application that would take advantage of the API and some parts of the code of the HDR and/or panorama applications.

The idea is multifocus composite image to take multiple pictures of the same target and match them on top of each other. The point is that each shot would be taken with different focus level. The user could define the number and interval / min-max values of the steps.

Then there would be al least two options of what to do with these photos.

* Option one would be to form a one composite sharp picture like above.

* Option two would be to for a some kind of dynamic focus image (just made that "term" up). I dont know the technical solution or package format for this but the idea is that you would have an image that you could dynamically change the focus level while watching it. The UI for this focus changing could be e.g. a slider bar, mouse wheel or just sliding your finger on the touch screen... or whatever.

So what do you think folks?
Is it an idea worth exploring further?

EDIT1: Link added
http://www.graficaobscura.com/depth/index.html

Last edited by ezcola; 2010-07-25 at 20:33.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ezcola For This Useful Post:
I've successfully created a working package of

fcamera_0.1.3-1_armel.deb

on the n900 itself.

If you're an advanced developer and this interests you, keep reading.

If you're not new to developing on the n900, go directly to the bottom link.

If you are new to developing on the n900, read from here first.

Then go to:

here

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Pittsburgh, PA USA
This is very exciting - an open source camera on the N900. I've downloaded and installed the software and will try it out over the next couple of days. Thanks!

Could someone just tell me the simple way to install this...

I have the app installed but I just have a grey screen with the settings running down the right hand side; no actual viewfinder... Yes I've opened the lens cover, and yes I've rebooted it. I must be missing something. Please fill me in, as I really would like to try this out.

Thanks in advance.

I don't think you've installed the fcam drivers (from the extras-testing repo..typical warnings apply). You've just installed the program FCamera.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Yes, I've installed the drivers... Other suggestions anyone...?