So I had this project sitting around idling for a while. I kind of hung it up because I thought that there would be a lack of interest (among other reasons, see below), but I figured I'd ask here to see if anyone would be interested in a Steam client for N9 (for messenger, groups and possibly store).

I already have a working messenger that integrates with the contacts and messages UIs, but the account manager frontend needs some work (to work better with Steam Guard). The main reason I wanted this (to keep in contact with a friend who uses Steam almost exclusively) has gone away, but if there's some user interest I'd be happy to at least give it a second look or just release the code that I have.

So yeah, interest?

Also this probably doesn't belong in Development, so move it if you feel like it.

Last edited by Sazpaimon; 2012-05-22 at 12:45.

The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to Sazpaimon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 95 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Massachusetts
It's about time someone writes a thread about this. I'm a hardcore gamer and Steam is one of my favorite platforms to play on. I'd love there to be an unofficial Steam client, but I was hoping there would be one for Maemo as well. Well I'd imagine there be a plugin for Conversations and Contacts (integrated) and/or a Pidgin plugin. Either way would be fine..

On a related note, Steam for Linux is in the works! \/

Last edited by Roth; 2012-05-22 at 13:00.

Yes please, pretty please! This is definitely needed app. I think I use steam for chatting even more than msn/skype as most of my friends hang in steam and won't bother to open IM apps.
Also I would like to see what games my friends are playing and their online status if that's not too much to ask.

Well, that was a... disappointing response.

Tell you what, I'll give the code a once-over this weekend, no guarantees though.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
I, too, would love to see a steam client on the n9... I would enter the code competition if I were you.. You'll get nice prizes!!

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
please consider getting this on Ovi Store since most of N9 users dont even know about tmo to respond to this thread and yes we need a steam client.

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 227 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Turkey
a Steam Client is one of the most needed apps for Harmattan (among Shazam and couple of other clients), I'm not sure if Steam messaging would ever work -afaik there's no API provided for that- but I'd definitely like to see if it's possible.
Maintaining: Audelicious | xmp

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
for god's sake, YES!

I would also like it

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
please consider getting this on Ovi Store since most of N9 users dont even know about tmo to respond to this thread and yes we need a steam client.
Thank you for your email and request to spread the question about who would be interested in a Steam client.

We don't have any Steam users on our small team and didn't know what that messenger would be. But after some research we've just published a short article about it, hope that reaches some more users.

http://www.allboutn9.info/2012/05/st...-nokia-n9.html
http://www.facebook.com/AllBoutN9

If we get any comments on our website, I'll post them here.

The Following User Says Thank You to almamo For This Useful Post: