Active Topics

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by Amarantus View Post
the console tools deb is corrupted I tried to install it today no success

Its my crappy hosting from siteground.com - redownload it
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

ok so I have been booting from my n810 from 8gig and loading up software..
I think rootfs got full somehow during some apt-get installs, and that is what's causing this reboot loop? happens as soon as I plug the device in.

tons to dig through to find answers in the forums

Last edited by odius; 2009-04-07 at 06:06.

Originally Posted by odius View Post
ok so I have been booting from my n810 from 8gig and loading up software..
I think rootfs got full somehow during some apt-get installs, and that is what's causing this reboot loop? happens as soon as I plug the device in.

tons to dig through to find answers in the forums
Boot to flash

Mount your SD boot partition (first load drivers)
EXT3
find /mnt -name jbd.ko | xargs insmod
find /mnt -name mbcache.ko | xargs insmod
find /mnt -name ext3.ko | xargs insmod

EXT2
find /mnt -name mbcache.ko | xargs insmod
find /mnt -name ext2.ko | xargs insmod

Mount the SD
mkdir /SD
mount /dev/mmcblk0p2 /SD
or
mount /dev/mmcblk1p2 /SD
or
whatever the correct device is.

Now you should have your boot partition mounted on /SD
cd /SD
now figure out what used up all the space

df -h (will show you how much space is used on a partition)

du -sh (will tell you how much space is taken up under the directory you are in)

Hope this helps
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
thanks for the help

I held home & tried the different options like boot to flash.. / internal / ext (which say not found, booting from flash" >>
first option / default "booting from flash (mtdblock4 jffs2)... "
is in a reboot loop.

I tried with and without my SD card in there.
only way to shut off is remove battery.

maybe worth trying ubuntu liveCD on home pc, and see if mem card is recognized?

worst case is I have to reflash and install essentials.. which im getting used to.

Did I make a mistake when partitioning the 8gb, by leaving the partition too small? the one recognized as the n810's internal with mydoc's and all that? .. apt-get was putting files in the user folder on there.. and when dpkg -i somefiles it said no space error.. the drive was otherwise totally empty except for some files that had been apt-get, and they weren't taking too much space..

other than that, i had a shitload of apps installed via application manager

Originally Posted by odius View Post
thanks for the help

I held home & tried the different options like boot to flash.. / internal / ext (which say not found, booting from flash" >>
first option / default "booting from flash (mtdblock4 jffs2)... "
is in a reboot loop.

I tried with and without my SD card in there.
only way to shut off is remove battery.

maybe worth trying ubuntu liveCD on home pc, and see if mem card is recognized?

worst case is I have to reflash and install essentials.. which im getting used to.

Did I make a mistake when partitioning the 8gb, by leaving the partition too small? the one recognized as the n810's internal with mydoc's and all that? .. apt-get was putting files in the user folder on there.. and when dpkg -i somefiles it said no space error.. the drive was otherwise totally empty except for some files that had been apt-get, and they weren't taking too much space..

other than that, i had a shitload of apps installed via application manager

It sounds like you may have had an error when installing bootmenu, and were still booting from flash not from SD??

SD bootmenu worked great with 8gig on the latest diablo N810 thx to you pb wiz4rd, after rebooting worked fine
.. until . .
The error happened when installing app's overflow'd the space on a 256mb partition drive i believe.

Yes this could've still been on the internal.. but I thought this was on the external now, and so I could possibly resize it to be bigger for 8gb standards. I need to find my ubuntu cd's so I can try seeing if they're mountable

I should've backed up

Last edited by odius; 2009-04-08 at 07:55.

When I install the bootmenu with pb on my n810 I can enter a timeout value. But upon reboot my bootmenu will not timeout and does not show a timeout counter. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong...?

mine with a 4 second delay worked pimp on n810diablo43-7 (i think is newest)

Last edited by odius; 2009-04-09 at 00:06.

Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
It sounds like you may have had an error when installing bootmenu, and were still booting from flash not from SD??
your right, I have it all fixed now, thx for the console-tools
pb
-partition
-clone
-install bootmenu
-config to default from external

i had missed the last step and overfilled the flah

lots of space now!

The Following User Says Thank You to odius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 30 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Mexico
ok, ive followed all the instuctions, i want to clone the OS to the 2 GB INTERNAL memory so i can have more space for installing apps and have my 8 GB SD free for other stuff. So ive cloned it to the internal memory, after the first clone when it rebooted it started with Bootmenu, so i select boot from INTERNAL MMC, not from INTERNAL FLASH, but i got "Boot from internal failed, booting from flash". What am i doing wrong? Ive partitioned my 2 gb (1.9 gb) in these:

896 for the first FAT partition (I guess this is the space where i can store files from my computer, docs, music etc, but not very usuable since it is less tha a GB)

512 for the Second FAT partition ( I think this is the SWAP partition, as i know this is the space that is used for running a lot of apps ath the same time)

512 for the Linux partition ( i dont know what this is for)

so please, can someone help me understand what am i doing wrogn or simply whats the partitions for? Im only doing this because i want a lot of space so i can install more apps and i want it to be more fast.

Thank you

Tags
bootmenu, bootmenu-installer, install-tools, mgmt-tools