Posts: 118 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ mother earth
Originally Posted by arcticrobot View Post
MeeGo calling - on N900 - blog post on meego.com by Harri Hakulinen.
And let me cite one of the user comments:
I just want to talk about ponies, unicorns and colorful rainbows for hours! Yes, you made me that happy! ^^
Exactly my feelings
i can't express my happiness in words, all i can say is ... i am doing the crazy frog dance!

Posts: 333 | Thanked: 153 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ blah blah

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by longcat View Post
why this?

there was a thread for this
simple. Good news are allowd to multi thread. Bad news not.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
From the blog post:

At this point, I need to remind you about the basics: MeeGo is an open source project and if you choose to install the MeeGo image to your N900 device, you do it completely at your own risk. If you are not confident that you know what you are doing with it and why, please don't use it at all. Especially now, if you start playing with call software under development, you need to watch after your phone bill, as well. Also, please use the latest repositories only, or the next weekly image that is downloadable from the MeeGo repositories every Monday
Remember this.. also, it's not a Nokia product in any way.

Also, for good measure, dual boot isn't 'easily', what's being included in PR1.3 kernel is kexec functionality. Right now we actually have a very easy 'dual boot' (write an image to your microsd, load using PC flasher)

The verdict on what specific technology to use for actual multiboot is still up in the air, but we're bordering on u-boot still as the usual multiboot solution isn't suitable for MeeGo and >2.6.28 kernels.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Last edited by Stskeeps; 2010-10-14 at 06:26.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Deaconclgi View Post
Amazingly good news! I am excited to hear that Maemo is moving forward with PR1.3 AND further Meego development. It sounds like there are N900 fans with high positions at Nokia that see the value in not letting the N900 become a lost cause.
PR 1.3 have been said long time ago that it will come to the N900. But now just because the release is close there is more love from nokia then a week ago? All this nokia left us stuff is just ridicilous and we will start hearing this again one week after 1.3 is released.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lullen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Lullen View Post
PR 1.3 have been said long time ago that it will come to the N900. But now just because the release is close there is more love from nokia then a week ago? All this nokia left us stuff is just ridicilous and we will start hearing this again one week after 1.3 is released.
Yeah, it is funny. But i think nowadays most ney sayers are using another device.. they just come here to troll.

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
yeah look, 50/50 members/guests

aWESOOOOMEEE!!!!

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Glasgow
Nokia's promise was a MeeGo device by end-2010. So, I guess since the N9 isn't ready yet, we get lucky?

The Following User Says Thank You to sdstrowes For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sdstrowes View Post
Nokia's promise was a MeeGo device by end-2010. So, I guess since the N9 isn't ready yet, we get lucky?
seems so !

they need meego out asap, and n900 is perfect test bed.

The Following User Says Thank You to ankurs For This Useful Post:

Tags
bestthreadever, meego, o6eew, open mobile ftw, pr1.3, stop talking, wegoo meego