Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Would be cool to have those for Piggz and MisterMagister too.
https://paypal.me/piggz

https://paypal.me/MisterMagister

from openrepos

It seems that opening the keyboard now wakes up the screen (4.2.1.20, kernel from 20191223).
No, i am running 3.2.0.12 still and as seen in my video it woke up already.

Last edited by mosen; 2019-12-23 at 19:40.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Right, it did too sometimes for me but it was inconsistent. I did not specifically test though, maybe I overlooked it.

Sneak peek works, and one can unlock from sneak peek with a double tap (even in 4.2.1.20).

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
A couple images to show how useful Chromium in Ubuntu chroot can be, really is not a gadget:

The screenshots show a forum with many user scripts active, as well as custom user styles, and uBlock enabled. The browser itself shows up as a distinct SFOS application in fullscreen, which makes it very convenient (more than when launched from Ubuntu chroot XFCE4).

Gestures for previous/next page and scrolling work out of the box, same for text selection. I also added keybindings for previous, next, previous tab, next tab, new tab, close tab, focus address field, etc. I now just need to find a way to make the level 3 of my xkb layout work in the chroot for special characters.

I'll try to make a short video of it in action soon.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2019-12-25 at 17:58.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
A couple images to show how useful Chromium in Ubuntu chroot can be, really is not a gadget:

The screenshots show a forum with many user scripts active, as well as custom user styles, and uBlock enabled. The browser itself shows up as a distinct SFOS application in fullscreen, which makes it very convenient (more than when launched from Ubuntu chroot XFCE4).
How do you launch chromium this way? Is it without any window manager, or still with xfwm4?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
I installed it using "./ubu-install.sh chromium-browser" from SFOS. This creates a .desktop file with a custom script and shows up in the SFOS homescreen. Starting from this icon starts Chromium without xfce, which is visually nicer because you gain screen real estate.

However, starting Chromium in xfce has other advantages: xfce settings are applied, including xkb with working dead keys, and DPI adjusted to your liking to set the UI scale.

The scale of Chromium without xfce is good for me so I like using it as a separate app using the Chromium .desktop file, like the screenshots above, but so far I have not managed to make dead keys work outside xfce, so I use xfce too. It does not look that bad after configuring it a bit, and the cover in SFOS is an actual thumbnail of the content, meaning it shows the browser if the browser is visible in xfce4. Therefore, except for the panels and different DPI (and multitasking ability within Ubuntu of course), it is almost the same as separate Chromium window:

[Edit] Also, for advanced keyboard navigation, Vimium can be an interesting extension. Not sure I want it though, my simpler keybindings are probably enough for a device with a touch screen easy to reach.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2019-12-26 at 14:45.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Had some time to finalize a proposed QWERTZ mapping after some write and terminal usability tests.

Post on first page is updated with the changes to previous version

Since we have far fewer keys on the Proš than on standard kbd, assigning the missing keys characters to the available ones will always result in a compromise.

In my approach i try to stay as close to my usual laptop experience as possible.
The usual shift modifiers like _ : ; * ? = ) ( / & % $ § " ! > are all available with pressing shift.
The yellow modifier arrow is used like the AltGr key on german layouts.

This contradicts the color-logic of the Proš printed keys where only one modifier level is suggested at all.
The good thing with two modifiers is, we have far more characters to assign than printed on the keys.

This is especially obvious with {[]} being available as usual on AltGr 7 8 9 0 but also like printed on the keys on Yellow modifier + u i o p keys.

As a rule of thumb:
On keys where shift produces an uppercase letter, Yellow color suggests correctly to press the Yellow arrow modifier.
All others work with shift key to reach 2nd level yellow printed characters and have a not printed 3rd level available with AltGR/Yellow mod like on regular kbds.

Working on schematic illustration of the levels and will update this post accordingly.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Note that the level 3 modifier is already implemented in the qwerty us-intl layout too (first page, post #5).

Except for ? and / being real level 3 and hence triggered using the yellow arrow modifier, all other yellow characters on the keyboard are triggered using Shift, as on a full-size qwerty keyboard. Same as what Mosen described for qwertz.

Nonetheless, all keys have level 3 and level 4 characters, as shown in the picture in post #5. For further details, the config file is in plain text and characters are easy to recognize from it. For instance, you'll see that I prioritized dead keys on the `~ key for level 1 and 2, and their non-dead alternatives for levels 3 and 4.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
A simple video showing the SFOS port on the Proš, and more specifically Ubu Chromium (run in its own window, and then from xfce4 desktop environment): https://youtu.be/DLl92bISgAo

I'm sorry about the overexposure of white web pages. I lowered the screen brightness and adjusted the camera settings, but not enough. :/

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Thank you for the work and this thread. I also have a Pro1 and I would like to help out.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ka9yhd For This Useful Post:
I mentioned the SIM holder too because the SIM card could just work very well in another phone, but be badly inserted in the Proš (if the holder is twisted or something). However, if the SIM immediately shows up every time you flash, then I don't know. I have no second SIM at the moment in my Proš because I use a SD, but I disabled SIM2 in the settings and rebooted, and no issue so far.

My main "isolated" issue is the video thing posted above. :<
I have noticed that also with the SIM card holder. Where the SIM card just lays in the holder and I had to be very careful while inserting the SIM card and holder into the phone so the SIM card would not come out of place and possibly jam in the phone.
I prefer the design of the SIM card holder on my Moto Z Play where the SIM card snaps into the card holder.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ka9yhd For This Useful Post:

Tags
fxtec pro1, sailfish os