Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Looks fine, no major issue. So, try to log it for some time and see if you get some strange spikes correlating with increased temperature of device. Right now I don't have any obvious check that would come to my mind

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I wonder if anyone else has observed these weird issues. I have been observing them for quite some time, at least the last two updates. Maybe three. They are mostly amusing, none of them are irritating enough to trigger a serious investigation, so I may be a bit hazy on details.

1. YouTube playback
When playing a YouTube video in stock Browser, the video sometimes randomly skips back a few seconds. When and by how much seems completely random. It can be anything between maybe half a second and 3 seconds. Admittedly the frequency of such glitches has dropped since the last update but not disappeared altogether.

2. YouTube comments
Posting a reply to a YouTube comment is extremely tricky. Tapping the post pops up a context menu with "Like, Dislike, Reply, Report". More often than not, I have to tap several times to even get the menu. Once I get it, most of the times selecting Reply does nothing at all, just closes the menu. The rest of the times selecting Reply opens the editing box, whilst simultaneously jumping to the previously played video, thus rendering the edit box entirely useless.
Workaround: open the video in a second tab. I still need several attempts to get the context menu working but then the replying usually works. Usually. Not always.

3. Where is the wake up jingle?
ISTR that my phone used to jingle after I woke up the screen and passed the security code page, but it is now gone. I even seem to remember that it briefly returns after an OS update, but goes away after a while (like a day or two), but I may be confusing things.

4. Exchange sync
Exchange sync works for maximum a couple of weeks. Then it stops syncing and I have to reboot the phone to kick start it again. I do not know how long exactly because I usually use my work PC for work emails. I only notice it when I am expecting an email out of office hours (or, as recently, while I was sick at home) and it fails to arrive. Then I realize, "oh, I haven't rebooted for a while".

5. Multiple WiFi access points
I have two access points in my house and after a few switches from one to the other, I can no longer access the web. The icon says I am still connected but any internet connection times out.
Workaround: sometimes it helps to turn on aeroplane mode, wait 10 seconds, then turn it off again. One in 5 to 10 times that does not help and I have to reboot.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Exchange sync works for maximum a couple of weeks.
Make that "days", as I just discovered.

Talking of things just discovered - I just found, completely by accident, that you can slide the keyboard left or right to change keyboards! I have always been doing it by a long press on the space button. Mind you, I will probably keep doing it anyway since the "slide to change" gives no indication which keyboard you are changing to. You have to remember.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Talking of things just discovered - I just found, completely by accident, that you can slide the keyboard left or right to change keyboards! I have always been doing it by a long press on the space button. Mind you, I will probably keep doing it anyway since the "slide to change" gives no indication which keyboard you are changing to. You have to remember.
The space blinks shortly after swiping with the language name in there. I find it easier to use but ymmv.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to peperjohnny For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peperjohnny View Post
The space blinks shortly after swiping with the language name in there. I find it easier to use but ymmv.
So it does. It also shows the name permanently. Not that it helps much when you have two variants of the same language (e.g. with or without arrows, QUERTY or QWERTZ...), but such things should be recognizable by the keyboard layout.

I'll give it a try, I might even get used to it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
Make that "days", as I just discovered.

it was introduced in Sailfish 3.0 but instruction at zendesk is not updated https://jolla.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205040837#2 and Tutorial in SailfishOS doesn't introduce this function to user.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
Hello guys im in desperate need of assistance as i have the xperia x dual and a xa2 ultra dual h4233. Ever since the nuuksioo update i have issues with using ussd codes. The issue is as follows, when i run a ussd code to check for balance it works, however when i use a ussd that requires several serial entries it ends up telling me the operation is already in progress and it wont respond until when another response appears indicating that the argument was not recognized. Please help as this makes it very difficult to execute carrier transactions

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UBUNTUSCOFIELD For This Useful Post:
I have some strange UI behaviour with ambience settings mixing up on 3.1.0.12 on Jolla1

Like set on silent (blue) ambience leaves me partially the remaindets of previous ambiences (black fonts of Glacial with red GUI of Salamander,...)

Now I recently lost the complete mobile settings menu items from the SettingsMenu. (No switching 3g, changing operator, toggling mobile net...)

Anyone experienced something similar?
Its like HAL from Space Odyssey 2000 slowly loosing its mind,.... pretty scary.

Last edited by Merienth; 2020-02-12 at 23:44.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Merienth For This Useful Post:
Just as a lessons learned for all who may encounter similar strange problems:
It is BTRFS failure,... due to probably too much data.
But we may never know as it was even too much to mount on my Ubuntu laptop,...

Solution level1: https://together.jolla.com/question/...in-write-mode/

I failed at level 1 as I couldnt mount nor repair even via my laptop.

Solution level2: You have a clean OS immage available (maybe your own saved as backup) what you can replace the corrupted bits.

Level 2 is a lost cause for me as well as I have no such immage available nor an other J1 to copy it from. Coderus used to provide one some time ago but was removed for some reasons. (Qualcomm related copyright???)

So if anyone would be so kind to give me a clean [ /dev/mmcblk0p28 ] straght after device reset (so no private info is inside) I would happily revive my J1.

Until that I have to live without her,...

Last edited by Merienth; 2020-04-05 at 12:10.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Merienth For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os