Posts: 58 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on May 2012 @ india
Today I faced an issue in opening a PDF document which was password protected. Any one has this issue or not.

Help me to solve the issue...

EDIT: Did all the search in Google and didn't get a solution.

Last edited by kumardodla; 2013-02-03 at 16:58. Reason: Problem Solved

This is not an issue, it's a known shortcoming of Meego Harmattan that the stock document viewer can't open password-protected PDF files. I suggest installing something like NSR Reader if you want to open such files.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Janitor X For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on May 2012 @ india
Originally Posted by Janitor X View Post
This is not an issue, it's a known shortcoming of Meego Harmattan that the stock document viewer can't open password-protected PDF files. I suggest installing something like NSR Reader if you want to open such files.
Thanks for suggesting the PDF reader.

Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
I tried the NSR reader app, the paid version. Not impressed at all. I was not able to open some documents which the stock app is able to open. My keyboard becomes messy (I use the moded swype keyboard from Android) and the backround image disappeared.

After removing the app and 2 reboots, everything was normal again.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
I tried the NSR reader app, the paid version. Not impressed at all. I was not able to open some documents which the stock app is able to open. My keyboard becomes messy (I use the moded swype keyboard from Android) and the backround image disappeared.

After removing the app and 2 reboots, everything was normal again.
Have you tried m.c. floatboat? I'm not sure if it works with password-protected PDFs but its worth a try and you could always request the developer

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post: