While testing Saera I have had to type things in over and over, and I have come to realize that the default Sailfish OS keyboard is...not as feature-complete as some other phones. So, I want to remedy that.

I am working on a keyboard that will bring Swype-style input and voice input to Sailfish OS. Currently I have implemented voice input.

Here is a screenshot:

And a video demonstration:

I have not yet got dictation working in Julius, so this does send voice over the Internet; I hope to add local recognition in the future.

The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Update: Swipe input is working...kind of. Right now it's all happening in QML, so it takes a second or so per word. Also there's no context processing, so it's likely to suggest uncommon words if it thinks they're closer (for example, putting "abs" instead of "and").

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
These might be of help:

http://git.tuxfamily.org/okboard/okb-engine.git
http://git.tuxfamily.org/okboard/okb-keyboard.git

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
is there rpm releases of okboard available? seems repository does not contain dictionaries, and in can't be compiled without it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I never found any, maybe we can ask the developer?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
I tried to compile okboard a few weeks ago, but didn't have any time (or experience) really, just couldn't sleep (seems to be my main sailfish-timeframe).
I did not get anywhere, especially getting a corpus to build, but I started documenting what I did, let's hope anything in there helps anyone

I used ubuntu.

get sources (I got an error, but it worked when I tried again)

follow directions in okb-keyboard readme to set up your development environment. It's not much work if you already have an sdk running.
as mersdk I had to install aspell as well…
Code:
sudo zypper install aspell

LANGUAGES
install dependencies:
Code:
sudo apt-get install libzip2 python3-dev qt5-qmake
get languages (corpora files):
from http://corpora2.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/download.html

repackage those (unpack, rename the folder to corpus-[LANG] and compress as .tar.bz2) – I think this is incorrect, I just guessed!

remove unwanted language files lang-[LANGUAGE] from the db folder
i just copied my corpus-*.tar.bz2 files there as well and
Code:
	cd okb-engine/db
	mkdir workdir
	export CORPUS_DIR=./
	export WORK_DIR=./workdir
	./build.sh
[edit:]I remember changing something about the available language files in source as well, but did not seem to write that down[/edit]

Asking the dev would be a sensible solution, me thinks.
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

Last edited by velox; 2015-12-19 at 13:19. Reason: code tags

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Is it possible to add BB10 style swipe-up gesture to chose word?

Like this https://youtu.be/s6iNAeXson8?t=46
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Wizard of Huz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Huz View Post
Is it possible to add BB10 style swipe-up gesture to chose word?

Like this https://youtu.be/s6iNAeXson8?t=46
It's possible in theory. There's just two problems: 1) I'd need some sort of prediction model trained on smartphone typing to be able to make good suggestions (although I will probably need that anyway to improve swipe), and 2) there are might be some words that that gesture would interfere with - though probably not many, the only one I can see for a QWERTY keyboard would be "Lo" and that's a pretty rarely used word.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
velox: I did not have any luck with okboard either. That's part of the reason I'm trying to have no external dependencies for Advanced Keyboard.

Update on general progress: I improved the lookup system - lookups are now faster by a factor of 10, fast enough to not slow down typing anymore.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
Update on general progress: I improved the lookup system - lookups are now faster by a factor of 10, fast enough to not slow down typing anymore.
Sounds pretty good. Speed-up achieved within QML or did you already go the c++ path? Oh yeah, and the inevitable question: Do you plan to make it open source?

If you need some help with german translation or a logo/graphics somewhere down the line, send me a direct message
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post: