Poll: How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB
Poll Options
How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB

Posts: 257 | Thanked: 2,053 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by dos1 View Post
Reminder: Today's the last day of the transfer period. If you still haven't transfered your donation from GDC to UG, hurry up!

More info
BTW, to clarify: it's enough to ask GDC today to transfer the funds. Even if the money will actually arrive next month, as long as the request is made before the end of this day (let's say in UTC, but we may be flexible on the timezone ) it still retains the original benefits.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dos1 For This Useful Post:
Is it still on it's track for release for Q4 2014?

Last edited by Akkumaru; 2014-08-09 at 11:16.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Akkumaru For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Vicenza, Italy
Sorry for the question, if someone have a standard n900, can upgrade it to neo900?

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by akira.pwr View Post
Sorry for the question, if someone have a standard n900, can upgrade it to neo900?
That has been answered already about 50 times, including in the past 10 posts. The short answer is yes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
I'm sorry I have read about this project going at work and I was too excite to wait and read other posts.

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 493 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ France
Originally Posted by akira.pwr View Post
I'm sorry I have read about this project going at work and I was too excite to wait and read other posts.
You were so excited that you didn't read all threads and posts to learn even more about the project ?

Let's hope we don't get too many new excited people coming around willing to know things, or we might get a lot more redundancy in answers already given a zillion times

Anyway, if you want to grasp the gist of what Neo900 is about, you can just head to http://neo900.org and you'll have good information without having to "read other posts".

The Following User Says Thank You to British For This Useful Post:
I've read in the site, I think it's a crazy awesome project, today will arrive my N900, I think I'll be a future neo900 owner.

The Following User Says Thank You to akira.pwr For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by British View Post
[...]
Let's hope we don't get too many new excited people coming around willing to know things, or we might get a lot more redundancy in answers already given a zillion times
[...]
ever thought of expending the Neo900's FAQ? can't believe that the questions asked / answered in +2000 post are summarized in the 17 on the Neo900's FAQ

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
ok, read the 1st post / Neo900 FAQ regarding not asking about CPU upgrade & all, but, well...
on the Wikipedia page of the TI OMAP CPUs/SOCs it says that the DM3630 CPU supports frequencies up to 1.2 GHz.
(DM3630 is the version sold to manufacturer versus DM3730 for catalogue distribution channels.
as was the OMAP3530 btw - apparently NOKIA did not make use of its "manufacturer" size for the N900 )
  • has the 3730 the same stability issues as the 3530 when it comes to max(frequency)?
  • will QCPUfreq recognize the different CPU & its specs?
    if not, will the DM3730 accept the 1150MHz step of the OMAP3530 version of QCPUfreq?

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
ever thought of expending the Neo900's FAQ? can't believe that the questions asked / answered in +2000 post are summarized in the 17 on the Neo900's FAQ
lol , your concerns are genuine

also making it a essay woud not help
whynot we hijack this thread and try to curate a small list that are worthy of entering the faq or wich deserve to be simplified or elemenated

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:

Tags
neo900, thank you!