Active Topics

hey guys,

first of all this is a silly mistake i have done.I need HELP! Dont laugh

I just installed the Desktop Command Execution Widget and added the rebooting command without switching off the update modes. now my phone restarting continuously but i can access to the terminal for like 10 sec before home screen widget starts.

Do you guys know any short commands to stop rebooting so that i can remove the widget or to change the stupid command? any other suggestions? Btw i don't wont to re-flash my device

command i have typed :- "sudo reboot"

I appreciate a quick help

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
When i have done somthg like this, i just eddited the desktop and removed the widget. Then you will have to remove the whole programm and its settings

I can only lol.

Did you install backupmenu? If so, start backupmenu. Set to read/write USB. Connect to a PC and delete the DCEW config file.

Didn't install backupmenu? Boot meego rescue kernel, enable USB mode and delete DCEW config.

Can't do neiter? Re-flash.

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
When i have done somthg like this, i just eddited the desktop and removed the widget. Then you will have to remove the whole programm and its settings
There is no time to remove the widget, I only can remove it after widget starts but when it starts, it runs the command

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
I can only lol.

Did you install backupmenu? If so, start backupmenu. Set to read/write USB. Connect to a PC and delete the DCEW config file.

Didn't install backupmenu? Boot meego rescue kernel, enable USB mode and delete DCEW config.

Can't do neiter? Re-flash.
yeah its a good idea i know how to access to the device partitions, I'll try that but can u tell me where i can find the DCEW config file, can you specify the locations ?

~/desktop_cmd_exec

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
thanks for the help
i deleted the /home/user/.desktop_cmd_exec before phone get restarted, now everything seems to be fine