Notices

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Man this theme is troublesome. Even with sudo gainroot I was unable to reinstall theme (wget doesn't work, as I told you already) and removing isn't possible since I'd first need to reinstall this theme. I'm getting quite frustrated and I can't even flash my N900 since, as I already said, iSync is not supported until fw 53.

@ rantom:

as I said: I don't know if wget is installed by default. I'd suggest that you take a look at the app-manager if there is a package for wget.

Regards,
Glasswalker

Last edited by Glasswalker; 2010-01-14 at 13:13. Reason: typos! come out and play with me *hides a big hammer behind his back*

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
I don't remeber how I got wget installed, but you could try:
apt-get install wget

If not you can point browser to the url and download the file, and then install it with the dpkg command.

I have same problem even i download that file with a wget then when i try to install it with : dpkg -i it says something is wrong and no that kind of file,this is ********

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Please do not blame a theme you should not have been installing in the first place on your problems. Their is a reason I have not posted a thread about maemo-org theme its not ready the version in extra-testing works fine just needs a few more tweaks.

New Version was uploaded to extras-devel last night but because of PR1.1 repo is real slow and hasn't moved it over. Once I test it I will push to testing.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
Hm dont blame the theme? Man half N900 users cant make updatbecause ur theme u know that?

Originally Posted by dimitrov View Post
Hm dont blame the theme? Man half N900 users cant make updatbecause ur theme u know that?
And those very same users should know the risk if they install something from extras-devel. So don't blame the software those people installed from a source with unstable software. They have been warned took the gamble.... There has been more than one warning around here about the risks of extras-devel software. And if they didn't care to read this warning: their own fault....

My 2cent,
Glasswalker

PS: sorry for off-topic, but I'm slightly sick of peoples taking risks and start whining afterwards, blaming everyone and everything for their errors....

The Following User Says Thank You to Glasswalker For This Useful Post:
I wish half of all N900 users would use my themes but first not that many people do and I've been designing themes for maemo longer then you have ever heard of maemo. This is no way to talk to a developer who is trying to fix your mistake. All software in devel should be considered broken. A fix has been updated but due to repos acting crasy today it hasn't showed up to download. So I can test and push to testing. If you insist on downloading stuff from devel then you must be ready to reflash your tablet. I really don't feel sorry for you since everyone has been warned.

For everyone who isn't complaining the update should be out soon.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Originally Posted by Glasswalker View Post
And those very same users should know the risk if they install something from extras-devel. So don't blame the software those people installed from a source with unstable software. They have been warned took the gamble.... There has been more than one warning around here about the risks of extras-devel software. And if they didn't care to read this warning: their own fault....

My 2cent,
Glasswalker

PS: sorry for off-topic, but I'm slightly sick of peoples taking risks and start whining afterwards, blaming everyone and everything for their errors....
Ok people then send all **** what you have on the repo,viruses and everything it will be nice

Ok people then send all **** what you have on the repo,viruses and everything it will be nice
You are missing the point extras-devel is not a regular repo you should not download anything from it. You brought this unto your self I have applied a patch but they froze new updated until tomorrow morning.