Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
You are missing the point extras-devel is not a regular repo you should not download anything from it. You brought this unto your self I have applied a patch but they froze new updated until tomorrow morning.
Hah Thanks,deleted forever

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by dimitrov View Post
Hah Thanks,deleted forever
Your lose, if you don't know how to use repos correctly or want to blame people because you install from wrong place. I really don't want you using my themes.

For everyone else.
There is fix just install 1.1-3 deb we are working on a script to fix it also update has been put in devel but repos wont update til tomorrow after server move.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Your lose, if you don't know how to use repos correctly or want to blame people because you install from wrong place. I really don't want you using my themes.

For everyone else.
There is fix just install 1.1-3 deb we are working on a script to fix it also update has been put in devel but repos wont update til tomorrow after server move.
Yeah be sure i wont use them never ever again,clean crap and dont worry about me and my phone i live in FGinland so i can fix it always but look what u have done to other users,i never heard someone to say has a problems with theme from other users except from urs theme .

Yeah be sure i wont use them never ever again,clean crap and dont worry about me and my phone i live in FGinland so i can fix it always but look what u have done to other users,i never heard someone to say has a problems with theme from other users except from urs theme .
Your still missing the point I'm not saying the problem wasn't there and trust me I talk with many other theme makers everyday the bugs are there or them as well when the theme is in devel. The point is you shouldn't be installing it from there. If you would have stayed away from devel like everyone tells people then you would have never know about the bug. This conversation is over for me the fix will be out tomorrow. There is also a script being worked on today if someone will test it for chemist.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Yeah good and dont worry i dont miss nothing my point was dont upload before you check and you say by urself that was ur mistake.......end

I'm impressed... you joined today and allready managed to read up on some years of postings....ok.. maybe lurking around for some time, still impressive...

But again: extras devel is not intended for endusers. It's a developer repository with unstable software not meant for endusers that can mangle your system for good. I know my way around Linux and Maemo but would not touch devel with a gun pointed at me as i know the risks and don't want to take them.

Regards,
Glasswalker

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Glasswalker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Montreal, Canada
Everytime I try to get it, it says 404 Not Found.... Can anyone tell me step by step how to do it?Thanks

I wish half of all N900 users would use my themes but first not that many people do and I've been designing themes for maemo longer then you have ever heard of maemo. This is no way to talk to a developer who is trying to fix your mistake. All software in devel should be considered broken. A fix has been updated but due to repos acting crasy today it hasn't showed up to download. So I can test and push to testing. If you insist on downloading stuff from devel then you must be ready to reflash your tablet. I really don't feel sorry for you since everyone has been warned.

For everyone who isn't complaining the update should be out soon.
no problem for me, take your time, theme is ok, correct me if i'm wrong - when your them is fixed it will normally update as all other programs when they are sujested to, correct?

I can confirm this problem, and the fix.

Open the browser in N900, and navigate to:
http://repository.maemo.org/extras-t..._1.0-3_all.deb

Download it, save it to N900.

open xterm:

sudo gainroot

cd MyDocs/

dpkg -i maemo-org_1.0-3_all.deb

ignore all errors, it should install with success.

close xterm.

uninstall via app manager.

Originally Posted by atmo View Post
no problem for me, take your time, theme is ok, correct me if i'm wrong - when your them is fixed it will normally update as all other programs when they are sujested to, correct?
Thats correct once I new version is out it will update fine.