Originally Posted by mosen View Post
If only youyota would realize they have nothing to fear when joining us here.
I guess we all would love to at least have a deadline for when they think all hope is lost for actual delivery and maybe the reasons why so.
Im sorry but I dont buy it.

If they would have cared, rhey would have showed. chen has probably advised them to do so.

So I belive they did not show just because they dont have to and they do not care at all. And now its extremely late so not very encouraging to join here anymore.

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by DrYak View Post
So what's your general strategy now ?
Consider the project unachievable an try to get a reimbursement of the funds invested ?
If you want to ask for MY general strategy, it's putting pressure on Youyota to speed up funding / processing or whatever they can do in my way.

If you want to ask how to get to get a reimbursement you are asking for the wrong person. I don't take money and I don't know youyota's plan on how to get your refund. I am waiting for my investment back which I should've spent on my own projects.

Instead of asking here why not asking Youyota / sending mails / ranting / prosecuting them?

The business is really between the two parties I connect. There is something happened in between when I decided to leave, but you never know that that could happen from the beginning.

Now there seem to be I am the only one to be blamed to start this thing, not not the other sides.

Maybe I should not have taken this risk from beginning. I lost a bunch of funds I should've spent on my own projects, I risk my reputation which to me is invaluable, and I lost a lot of time trying to make this happen, which I should've spent on bed.

I need to take some time to re-think if I should keep doing what I do now. If anyone wants to have any action against youyota and I can help with, please let me know.

Last edited by chenliangchen; 2018-04-05 at 22:06.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Rethinking and evaluation of the situation is always smart. Especially when doing business. I support that decision.

I also know that you are looking other at solutions than crowdfunding. I don’t think it’s a valid business model for such a small project considering the R&D needed. Not even jolla with 200 people and a hundred million budget manage to get it all together.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2018-04-05 at 16:17.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Bravo, i am really proud to be part of this community of grown ups.
Sorry if my post was interpretted as not being "grown up".

Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
If you want to ask for MY general strategy, it's putting pressure on Youyota to speed up funding / processing or whatever they can do in my way.
Thank you, that's what I wanted to know: I was curious about your take is about this whole stuff (Indeed you've also thrown sizable portion of your own funds in).

Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Now there seem to be I am the only one to be blamed to start this thing, not not the other sides.
I'm sorry if my post sounded like a blame. It was only curiosity.

I understand that you've put *a lot* of your own ressources into this.

(And for the record, from the beginning I've considered the 250$ you mention simply as "a bet" whether this could succeed.
Mostly because at the beginning, it looked realistic to pull - given that basically boiled down to making a new production run of an already released in the past tablet.
Not anything much beyond that, not blaming people or thinking that anyone has stolen whatever).

Also, try not to burn-out on this whole (stressful for you !) mess, you seem a nice guy.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
@chenliangchen I think that the majority of the tablet backers appreciate what you have contributed and don't think badly about you as a result. You have already put in substantial funds in an attempt to rescue the project. I believe that most of the backers understand that doesn't make you responsible for what went wrong, even if a noisy minority give the opposite impression. When you have told us on this forum about the progress of the project, it has always been clear that you are relaying information from elsewhere, and that you were not involved with its management.

It is easy to get frustrated and start looking for people to blame when something like this happens, and since you have been more communicative than the people who were supposed to be moving this project forward, you have ended up in the firing line. The nature of crowdfunding doesn't help. I have seen that even the comment sections of successful IGG projects can get filled with really nasty, poisonous messages.

I don't know if there is a realistic prospect of the tablet ever being made and delivered, but if you want to focus on recovering at least some of your investment I wouldn't blame you. You have risked far more than any IGG backer.

OTOH if the project is rescued and the tablets are delivered, I hope that we find some way of showing our appreciation for your part in this.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to pacman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Also, try not to burn-out on this whole (stressful for you !) mess, you seem a nice guy.
I modified the posted so it does not show the mood as much. I didn't meant personally. I fully respect your contribution and help to me and the community so far.

What I want to be here is purely as a community member. I want to make something or create something that the community loves, that's it. In here I wish I am not with any of the business titles. But just a community member, missing Maemo / MeeGo, not happy with current mobile OSes, and want to have a handheld keyboard device running Linux.

But as a community member there are so many questions especially business plan related that I just can't answer. I can update to you separately if needed.

Again, I'm sorry for not fully understood your intention.

Originally Posted by pacman View Post
I don't know if there is a realistic prospect of the tablet ever being made and delivered, but if you want to focus on recovering at least some of your investment I wouldn't blame you. You have risked far more than any IGG backer.

OTOH if the project is rescued and the tablets are delivered, I hope that we find some way of showing our appreciation for your part in this.
Thank you. As I mentioned earlier we are on the same boat, we will reach the otherside together and I will not jump off in the middle.

Last edited by chenliangchen; 2018-04-05 at 22:20.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Sorry if my post was interpretted as not being "grown up".
Pardon, i cited your post for the exact opposit reason because you are asking the right question in a calm manner.
Sorry for not being able to make it clear.

Chen, you did not loose your reputation and are far away from being an idiot.
It is the other way around.
I would be proud to once reach your level of dedication and commitment. Your handling of the situation is bold and inspiring.

If you declare collecting money for 2 years duration lauta project start for tomorrow, have my money

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 150 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
Maybe next time say "I don't have any use for a tablet" if that's what you really mean?
I said what I mean. There is no use for tablets. It's a stupid fad that nobody needs, and tablet sales have been dropping steadily since 2014. You're always going to have a bunch of sheeple chasing after the latest shiny gadget, but that doesn't infer that it has any inherent value. It just means most people are stupid, which is and has always been a well-known fact. If you personally happen to have a specific use for a tablet (as a coaster, perhaps?), that's not going to change my offered opinion - so there is no sense in arguing with me for offering exactly that.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I know you're catching flak for saying that there's no need for a tablet - which I disagree - but I have different uses than you. In fact, there seems to be many millions that have disagreed with you.

And fewer for the N900 or Neo900. Much fewer. There's really no need for the Neo900. But I'm glad the potential option does exist.
I'm not one to care if people disagree with me. And as for the Neo900, at this point, I fully agree. I wanted the Neo900 4 years ago, but that was then. I spent almost 5 years using the N900 as my daily driver, but no matter how much you update it, it's not really going to cut it in 2018. That project is also never going to reach completion, so the whole thing is moot anyway.

The Following User Says Thank You to bocephus For This Useful Post:
I’m using a tablet to read that I have no use for a tablet.... mind officially blown

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
So what have learned?
That the JTab is a cursed object that a secret order of monks are keeping from being manufactured in great quantity.

Apparently its for our own safety

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os