Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
It isn't down to the number, at least (I just tested it with 4k contacts, though that will keep my device warm enough that I can turn the heater off for a while... )

Can you tell me more about where (& how many) these contacts come from? What details you have on them? How long does it take to crash? etc.

I used MfE to add contacts to my phone. after i deleted the account, the contacts remained in the phone without being linked to any account.

on re-adding the MfE account, i had 2 copies of those 1353 contacts. tried to do the merge but immediately on pressing refresh, the app closes. no merge is done. i've to manually merge the contacts. even a manual merge is temporary meaning if i manually merged 50 contacts, upon reboot those 50 contacts are un-merged.

its irritating so i've to delete my MfE account then delete all contacts. however, after marking all contacts for deletion, the app crashes when i press delete.

finally i'd to reflash and added the MfE account.

that's why i wanted to know what is the limit on the contacts app. it is surprising the app's functionality is so limited when even older nokias on symbian are able to do this seamlessly.

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
even a manual merge is temporary meaning if i manually merged 50 contacts, upon reboot those 50 contacts are un-merged.
that implies to me that the store is still working, possibly still processing your merge(s) - there was a bug prior to 1.2 that could make merges extremely slow (or fail altogether) which may have been impacting you here.

the application _should_ never crash, I'm aware of a few crashes fixed since 1.2, but I am unable to tell off the top of my head if you'd have been running into any of them.

The Following User Says Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
thanks for the reply

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ switzerland
Woo, someone is alive =D

I've already asked abustany a dozen times about this (and opened this bug report: http://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1037 ), but the answer has always been "we're working on it".

It's pretty much the only issue I have with my N9, can you confirm that the issue *is* in fact being worked on, maybe even fixed in 1.3?

Originally Posted by ziller View Post
I've already asked abustany a dozen times about this (and opened this bug report: http://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1037 ), but the answer has always been "we're working on it".
I don't know the situation myself, but I'll try find out.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
This was fixed with 1.2, but it may take some time for your database to return to 'normal' after upgrading.
Good news.

Upgrading to 1.2 right now.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hong Kong, CHINA
Hi w00t - thanks very much for helping us out. I was wondering if you had any hints for keeping the n950 / n9 contacts in sync with a linux desktop; GNOME etc. Is there anything you can recommend trying out? I'd rather not export and import vcards manually.

hi w00t could you help with twitter too? i've reflashed my phone 3 times resetting all user data yet whenever i try to authorize the app, it just keeps showing the spinning circle in the web page and the stops.

even 3rd party app QNeptunea is unable to go thro the authorization. could you tell me what is wrong with it?

this bug was prevalent till pr1.1 but fixed 1.1.1 onwards. i'm running pr1.2 but still having it.

Originally Posted by mdengler View Post
Hi w00t - thanks very much for helping us out. I was wondering if you had any hints for keeping the n950 / n9 contacts in sync with a linux desktop; GNOME etc. Is there anything you can recommend trying out? I'd rather not export and import vcards manually.
Difficult question. I personally throw everything into Google (and use MfE to handle sync) + various hacks to actually get at the data on desktop as needed. Even though this is a really crap solution, I haven't found anything easier / that works better.

Originally Posted by alephito View Post
Good news.

Upgrading to 1.2 right now.
Keep in mind the "it takes a while" bit. It might even take a few days for your phone to settle down after the update. The cleaning process is quite resource-intensive, so we weren't able to do it instantly - instead, it does it a piece at a time every X minutes until there's nothing more to do, so as to not harm the responsiveness of your device.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post: