Notices

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
There's no push API available for public devs like me, so I have to use polling, the only way push would be possible is to store user tokens on a server and have it poll with a short interval then send a notification to the device, but that violates user privacy imo.
But afaik there's a push API available for the internal app, whether it's used or not is something I'm not sure about
You mean the push from facebook side or the nokia side? I believe its facebook. The internal facebook thats included in the firmware is using the poll method which is hit and miss when it comes to getting notified of anykind of notification from facebook.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
The Facebook side isn't available for me, but I for the internal app, whether it's implemented or not is another thing

Last edited by MohammadAG; 2012-04-15 at 13:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Its feel good and looking good. Thank you MAG. Now you make many people very happy.

There could be a bug..?
I have been installed the Sociality and when i installed the Opptimizer -> http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83357 my normal facebook is clean and notification not working anymore.

So i installed Opptimizer and FasterN9 and then it is not working anymore and they think it is sociality which do this? Do you MAG want to be daredevil and test ?

(facebook)

Posts: 233 | Thanked: 491 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by Makeclick View Post
There could be a bug..?
I have been installed the Sociality and when i installed the Opptimizer -> http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83357 my normal facebook is clean and notification not working anymore.

So i installed Opptimizer and FasterN9 and then it is not working anymore and they think it is sociality which do this? Do you MAG want to be daredevil and test ?

(facebook)
I had that issue, and never used sociality, but did have opptimizer. A flash fixed it, so I am guessing it was that

Hit thanks if I have helped in some way, or you agree with me

Twitter
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Battery Widget
#OperationUnicorn
Harmoji - Emoji for Harmattan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
N9 [Black] - Sailfish OS (1.x.x.xx)
N9 [White] - PR 1.3 [Stock]
N950 - Sailfish OS
Z10 LE - 10.2.1.1055
Dev Alpha C - 10.2.1.1055

The Following User Says Thank You to MFaroTusino For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MFaroTusino View Post
I had that issue, and never used sociality, but did have opptimizer. A flash fixed it, so I am guessing it was that
I reflahed it one time and restore my settings and problem is back.. God damned! And Nokia 5x download limit do not help me on this one!!

Did you flash only fiasco or emmc too?

Sociality runs by itself, it doesn't touch the stock facebook, let alone knows about it, in fact, it runs totally in RAM with two exceptions, photo caches and the config file, so it can't break the stock facebook app.

Also, I'm against overclocking, mainly cause it's an N950

The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Sociality runs by itself, it doesn't touch the stock facebook, let alone knows about it, in fact, it runs totally in RAM with two exceptions, photo caches and the config file, so it can't break the stock facebook app.

Also, I'm against overclocking, mainly cause it's an N950
I've overclocked my N950 fine, no issues so far, of course I'm staying at 1100mhz on stock voltage.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Originally Posted by Arie View Post
I've overclocked my N950 fine, no issues so far, of course I'm staying at 1100mhz on stock voltage.
It's not that, it's just the N950 is hard to replace if it ever breaks

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
It's not that, it's just the N950 is hard to replace if it ever breaks
1100mhz on stock voltage won't break it. It's supposedly safe up to 1200 mhz on stock voltage, but I haven't gotten that to work yet.

Both my N9 and my N950 are overclocked to 1100mhz and none are having problems at all.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post: