Closed Thread
the photos app still double rotates images when rotating from landscape to portrait, which is pretty annoying. i've been told there will be a white list in the future for programs that will not auto rotate. isn't it easier to have a list for which programs to rotate. since right now there r more programs that aren't meant to rotate than ones that can. maybe a checklist gui for those programs that works with force rotate?

Posts: 412 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bronx, NY
Originally Posted by kazuki View Post
the photos app still double rotates images when rotating from landscape to portrait, which is pretty annoying.
turn it upside down, earpiece down, and it goes to portrait when in full screen mode.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Fila For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sygys View Post
I have a bluetooth steeringwheel remote in my car made for controlling the n900 and other bluetooth devices with support for A2DP and AVRCP.

When connecting to it manually it works fine. but when selecting it trusted and letting it automatically connect to the n900, so n900 bluetooth is on and i power up the remote, it starts searching and makes an atempt to connect to the n900; the n900 shows its connected and then instantly crashes and the nokia logo is shown (n900 reboots).

I tested the remote with my Nokia X6 symbian device but everything works perfect on that phone. Does anyone know if this problem is due to a conflict, CSSU or anything i can fix?

This is the site with specs:

http://www.beltal.com/on-sale/Steeri...681936136.html

Many thanks in advance
Tested it with the fix mentioned earlier but no luck it still reboots... can this be fixed with the CSSU.

Maybe another thing. is it possible to make maemo connect only to GPRS if a stereo bluetooth headset is connected? now it still connects to Wifi wich stutters the bluetooth connection...

I personally see these things fixed earlier then a useless hildon desktop zoom option... i dont really understand the point of it anyway...

Last edited by sygys; 2011-03-10 at 06:44.

hi
Although this is the wrong place for my particular problem(which is solved by removing some packages), I think it's the right place to mention this here to avoid such things in the future. It will reach the relevant people here.
I had M4rina D4rk installed which has theme-customizer as a dependency (is this really necessary?). Theme-customizer has cssu-transitions-tuner as a dependency. This led to a lot of problems as it removed modified-hildon-desktop (I think) and the phone reacted very strange and slow.
Although I am sure I'll try/use the CSSU sooner or later, I right now don't have the time for this, as it seems to be too unstable for normal use.
I think it would be better to separate other apps from the CSSU as much as possible, so they can be used with a different arrangement.
Apps shouldn't be tied to other apps if not really necessary.
Sorry if this was mentioned earlier.

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Just a quick update, version: maemo13.
This is only an update for hildon-desktop actually:
  • Added global zoom in/out support, use CTRL+SHIFT+S (+) and CTRL+SHIFT+F (-) to zoom in and out.
  • Added orientation lock, you'll see an applet in the status menu.
  • The press effect (zoom_on_press) was improved, it'll now depress only when you release the screen.
hello, thanks for this work, I suggest to you to implement orientation lock in power menu like here:
http://www.maemomeego.net/forum/show...(-orientation-)
because it is every usable and not only from desktop.
Thank you

The Following User Says Thank You to iscio For This Useful Post:
Posts: 195 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Vancouver, Canada
is there any way to get the SMS messages in Conversations to format into portrait mode, instead of needing to scrolling right and down when in portrait mode?

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by excelar8 View Post
is there any way to get the SMS messages in Conversations to format into portrait mode, instead of needing to scrolling right and down when in portrait mode?
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1364

The Following User Says Thank You to laasonen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 195 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Vancouver, Canada
where do i put the "convport.sh" file? in the main directory of N900?

because i did that, then ran "sh convport.sh" in X-terminal and it says "sh: can't open convport.sh"

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by excelar8 View Post
where do i put the "convport.sh" file? in the main directory of N900?

because i did that, then ran "sh convport.sh" in X-terminal and it says "sh: can't open convport.sh"
This script has now been superceded by the conversations modder app

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by kazuki View Post
the photos app still double rotates images when rotating from landscape to portrait, which is pretty annoying. i've been told there will be a white list in the future for programs that will not auto rotate. isn't it easier to have a list for which programs to rotate. since right now there r more programs that aren't meant to rotate than ones that can. maybe a checklist gui for those programs that works with force rotate?
That IS what a white list means. It will have a list of all the apps that are allowed to rotate. Help us compile data about which apps work well in portrait mode by adding info to this page.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade