Closed Thread
Ok so after about 6 months with my n900, I've gotten really pissed off. lack of support the new firmware didn't give anything new. I was expecting meego. This is my last nokia phone. im going to the android family. and last thing, why the **** would nokia put a resistive screen when all the phone in the market is captive and no one complained about that. god damn nokia you guys ****ing losing. keep it up and your done. I don't want anyone to call me idiot, or bash me. Android is so good people having n900's want to get android (including me) maemo is ****. nokia is going to give up on it and go with meego. Android the phones still get updates. Nokia I'm sorry but you should listen to your customers because without out their would be no nokia.
Back to the moral of the story, i feel back selling my n900, i feel its a part of me, but with the downsides of it, it makes me so pissed i want to throw it out of my car.

The Following User Says Thank You to shaad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Why don't you throw it out of your car, it's ok with us!

I agree that a lot of people here, possibly the majority, are impolite. Your message joins that tradition.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 161 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Worcester
sigh......must we constantly have these farewell posts.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to devensega For This Useful Post:
It's kinda hard to do because it was 650..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shaad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 151 | Thanked: 178 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ SF Bay Area
You were expecting Meego?

Ah well then, perhaps it's best you sell your N900 and go buy another phone.

But, sell the N900. Don't throw it out the window and break a useful device.

well if nokia created a device that would people happy with the money they spend,maybe their wouldn't be these posts.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shaad For This Useful Post:
i just posted the add. good bye n900

The Following User Says Thank You to shaad For This Useful Post:
you'll probably get a lot of flames for this message.. but I for one agree with you. I've been on the n900 since release and for a device with so much potential it's fallen flat.

Nokia messaging still stinks. I miss so many emails.. unless I sit there and go through each account. The notifications system needs a rework. A common inbox would be nice.

I should have learned my lesson with the N85.. as of the end of 09 the latest firmware left many bugs unresolved. But I thought the n900 would change everything being maemo.

One thing I will disagree with in your post is the capacitive screen. Unless a functional stylus will be provided capacitive stinks in a full blown browser on a phone. I need precision. Nokia will go capacitive in the future so that's kind of a moot point either way.

My perfect phone: Blackberry message handling, Maemo's openess and browser, the N8's multimedia abilities, and let's get the games and apps from android and iOS in there. Sick of having to pick a phone that excels in one thing but fails in all others..

And the fan boys... yeesh. Hope your new phone meets your expectations!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Instinct For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by devensega View Post
sigh......must we constantly have these farewell posts.
Perhaps.

Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
If you didn't even catch why the N900 is just excellent with a resistive screen, it may be spilled to you just like your overpowered car.

Be careful not to press the wrong pedal while downloading those 100K android apps along the way.

Closed Thread