Notices

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by nikhilsyangbo View Post
where iz the download link
If you have extras-devel repository enabled, just download it through one of the app managers.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Egypt | Forum editor
@nikhilsyangbo
if you don't know where is the download link then this is not for you, its in extras-devel so it's not ready for normal users to try it out yet

Press the thanks button if i helped.

The Following User Says Thank You to davdav For This Useful Post:
Bugs (running latest thumb CSSU):
1. Installed it, went to options, tried to change default start location (from "MyDocs") and it didn`t work - clicking the button does nothing;
2. Enabled root access, closed program and tried to restart it - it doesn`t start anymore (where is config file located?);
3. Missing icon on clipboard button (as reported by Mentalist Traceur).

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to artpra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by artpra View Post
Bugs (running latest thumb CSSU):
1. Installed it, went to options, tried to change default start location (from "MyDocs") and it didn`t work - clicking the button does nothing;
This is actually not a bug, but it works in a kinda non-obvious way - you need to go to another directory, then go to options and click that button. It'll become set to whatever directory you're currently in.

A "Click to make current directory your start location" label would probably greatly help user understanding of how it works.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Thanks Mentalist, I didn`t think of that and it definitely should be changed .

As per "2": config file is located at /home/user/.config/hamsterfiler and deleting it fixed (as expected) starting problem. BUT selecting "Run as root" make it non "startable" again.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to artpra For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
I will dare to ask for the possibility to enqueue operations, rather than running them in parallel, as it will be a bit overkill for the device to run a few operations at the same time.
Good point, I'll add an option for that.

Originally Posted by ersanpermana View Post
can change the icon-pack?
Nope, you would have to change the system icon theme. Later -- maybe, but IMO one layer of theming is enough, so I don't give it a high priority.

Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
I noticed a tiny bit of glitchiness with multiselect (had multiselect on, went into clipboard, fiddled around, came back to folder, selection wasn't working, clicked the single/multi-select toggle button, and all was good - I don't recall exactly what I did, but it was more complex than just getting into clipboard and back out).
I don't recall this happening to me, but I'll check the related code.

The only counter-intuitive thing is if you've selected 4 [Edit: Some amount of files, I said 4 as an example] files using the dragging-select, and then lift up your finger [Edit: this applies to clicking multiselection too, it's just more counter-intuitive feeling in the dragging on in my opinion), if you press down to get to the long-press context menu, it immediately deselects whichever file you pressed on. I got into the hang of it pretty quickly (click a second time to reselect (and hold), or select all but the last desired file, and then click and hold that one).

Perhaps it would be better to toggle the selection OFF on a file in multiselect after the finger has lifted /off/ the file instead of after it has touched it? (But still keep toggling the selection ON on a file happening when touch first happens, since if you made that toggle after a finger lifts off, you'd force double-clicking just to get to the long press context menu while in multi-select.)
I left it this way (temporarily), because I was worried that it might need messing with some low-level Qt stuff and preferred to work on other things instead. The same goes for the inability to drag-select more items than shown on the screen (no automatic scrolling).

Also, the icon for the button that takes you to the clipboard is missing from my theme, apparently (but then again, my theme is a custom one I slapped together myself so I might have missed something) - are you sure it's a standard icon that should be in every theme?
Oh, looks like it's from Gnumeric. I'll search for a possible replacement, this time making sure that it's from one of the standard packages or bundle some icons if I can't find anything reasonable.

Originally Posted by artpra View Post
As per "2": config file is located at /home/user/.config/hamsterfiler and deleting it fixed (as expected) starting problem. BUT selecting "Run as root" make it non "startable" again.
Does it happen to everyone else? I have a non-standard setup with user accounts, so it's possible that if I did something wrong, it could still work for me.

Does running "hamsterfiler" from the terminal result in a message about insufficient permissions (or anything interesting at all)?

By the way, it's just a simple ini file, so you can edit it manually and only remove the line containing "RunAsRoot=true".

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
GREAT APP.
The grid view is magnifique.

But I think you should move the delete option on the pop-up menu when you click&hold on one file.
You may accidently delete a file.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to helloct For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
Uhm, what?
I am pleased to announce a new file manager, but a the same time I would like to apologize for the stupid name and the icon which is perhaps a little too cute. [...] The name of the package is hamsterfiler.
no need to apologize
i use Midnight Commander as my file manager (yeap, i'm a *nix terminal admin / user ) and only exceptionally use File Manager (the default).
think i'm going to do a lot more things as user with Hamster Filer
will keep using mc for root task, however

PS: how many pizzas can you eat before getting sick ?!?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ indonesia
Originally Posted by nikhilsyangbo View Post
where iz the download link
You can search in the application manager

The Following User Says Thank You to ersanpermana For This Useful Post:
It's so cool!!!
I like this FileManager very much!!

but,how can i open current path in XT by Hamster???

The Following User Says Thank You to mhy123152 For This Useful Post:

Tags
hamster filer, nokia n900