Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I'm not (yet) sure about efforts for PySide on Qt5, but THP is taking another (very interesting) approach:
http://thpmaemo.blogspot.com.au/2013...n-on-qt-5.html
Yeah saw that today, sounds like a better solution.

Actually there is no need to have full Qt bindings in python anyway because python has alot librarys already. As long as we can access QtDeclarative from python its almost enought

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Different time zones, although I'm often in synch with folks in completely time-zones

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Maybe it'll be possible to run the X11 MeeGo apps anyway via xwayland: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waylan...ibility_with_X

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
I dont' see any point in porting to Lumia or Nexus. Its something about "who gets my money". If you want a modern device, buy the original.

If Nokia sells a Lumia phone or Google a Nexus, they get the money and they don't care, if I use a different OS on it afterwards. For statistics: it counts as success of the respective device, and for money: innovative companies don't get your money for further development of independent "ecosystems".

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Amboss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
...if there's an original device available; we've yet to see.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Seriously this is WHY merproject need a forum.

Discussion on facebook is not a soultion for me.

I am willing setup a forum and paying the bills atleast some months depending on traffic.

We really need this to go forward.
Since Maemo is the origin of Meego and Mer and Nemo and Sailfish and everything, perhaps all those forums should be merged under the Maemo.org community.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zeebra For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Nah it makes sense that mer becomes the new base/root dir, maemo 5/6x* are legacy, + they're not low lvl like mer (they're full stacks), they should be a main "branch", alongside nemo & sailfish.
But that probably won't happen with the Hildon Foundation/Council, unless they're willing to work with Jolla & vice-versa, I'd say it's more likely that Jolla will end-up doing something without them.**
I spoke to them again about collaboration recently, they hinted that they have plans for proper community infra similar to maemo.org, but it was a vague response, so I wouldn't take it as gospel yet.

*Maemo 6x AKA MeeGo-Harmattan 1.2 or Harmattan
**and that something most likely wont include any community infra for maemo 5x/6x.

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-09-11 at 15:38.

If people are still interested, I will buy a domain and buy and manage hosting for a forum for Mer. But although I love the N9 and Mer and everything, I can't say I know much about it. So I will need some help. Anybody want to help admin? I do have experience with Forums, though not with Mer (to much).

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by byteninja2 View Post
If people are still interested, I will buy a domain and buy and manage hosting for a forum for Mer. But although I love the N9 and Mer and everything, I can't say I know much about it. So I will need some help. Anybody want to help admin? I do have experience with Forums, though not with Mer (to much).
Maybe it would be better if you helped administrating tmo? And just create a subforum here.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Maybe it would be better if you helped administrating tmo? And just create a subforum here.
I doubt I could do that. 75 relatively invaluable posts? Plus, it would be nice if people searched Nemo/Mer Forums, they would go to a dedicated one. And one sub-forum isn't enough, IMHO.

Last edited by byteninja2; 2013-09-11 at 17:57.

Tags
jolla, nokia, sailfish