Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Small status update: the 1.4.2 update got rejected by Ovi with reason "The version number during installation is 1.3.4, but in the metadata the version is 1.4.2."

We're not able to reproduce this and can't even understand how this could be possible since the version shown during installation is the same version number from the package metadata. We're working on getting the submission status corrected.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Miika For This Useful Post:
Posts: 170 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Miika View Post
Small status update: the 1.4.2 update got rejected by Ovi with reason "The version number during installation is 1.3.4, but in the metadata the version is 1.4.2."

We're not able to reproduce this and can't even understand how this could be possible since the version shown during installation is the same version number from the package metadata. We're working on getting the submission status corrected.
OMG the OVI-store makes from a simple thing a big problem...

they sure know how to blow a good thing off... i mean, rejecting such a game, FOR A VERSION NUMBERING? REA YOU KIDDING ME?... no wonder why they dont really take off.

i think rovio should make this god damne update available thru their website... its not like we dont know how to install a deb file anyway... fcuk OVI store and their dumbness.

The Following User Says Thank You to kaspal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted by Miika View Post

Thanks for the update Miika. BTW, does Ovi Store QA stop at the first hurdle (ie. first problem they find) for a "problem" such as this, or is the app fully tested regardless?

Originally Posted by travla View Post
Thanks for the update Miika. BTW, does Ovi Store QA stop at the first hurdle (ie. first problem they find) for a "problem" such as this, or is the app fully tested regardless?
As far as I understand it's tested fully, although I don't know what the actual test cases are. Also, at least earlier there was a separate Ovi QA and Maemo QA but I don't know if this has changed since.

And just to clarify, my intention wasn't to rant about Ovi or their QA. I just brought this up as an example of things that can affect the schedule which we have no control over. The date when an update is ready from production and when it actually hits the stores can differ quite a lot. In some cases and platforms it can be near instantaneous (minutes) while sometimes it can take very long time (months).

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Miika For This Useful Post:
thats why i said that you, rovio guys, should release your stuff for maemo yourselves.... not thru ovistore that we already know its some sick joke on the platform.

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
why don't you make your own store and get all the money?
you have a lot of games for different devices

Originally Posted by kaspal View Post
thats why i said that you, rovio guys, should release your stuff for maemo yourselves.... not thru ovistore that we already know its some sick joke on the platform.
Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
why don't you make your own store and get all the money?
you have a lot of games for different devices
Time and money is a big issue in selling software by making their own store. Another major concern is the user base; there will be more people looking at/buying from the OVI store than their own store.

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Awesome, never thought we'd get another Angry Birds update!

Closed Thread