Help me, pleaseeeee
The new version 0.0.3-2 didnīt work for me

To get a better idea of what might be wrong run Zeecontrol from the command line.
To do so open an "X Terminal" and then simply execute "zeecontrol" in the terminal.
Hopefully there will be some output indicating what might be wrong.
If you get some meaningful output, just post it here so we can have a look at.

The Following User Says Thank You to blanix For This Useful Post:
Ah, right,
you do not have the newest libzeemote version installed.
This version is required for the current Zeecontrol version.

You can install the newest libzeemote version from the extras-devel repository.
Note: You should only enable the extras-devel repository to install/update to the newest libzeemote version and afterwards disable extras-devel again.

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 467 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
You can install the newest libzeemote version from the extras-devel repository.
Note: You should only enable the extras-devel repository to install/update to the newest libzeemote version and afterwards disable extras-devel again.
He can't easily install a non-user component from extras-devel using the app installer. Also he shouldn't be required to do anything manually.

The correct solution is probably to add the correct dependency to zeecontrols control file (you can specify the required version in braces). Updating zeecontrol will then pull the required libzeemote version automatically.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Master of Gizmo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Master of Gizmo View Post
He can't easily install a non-user component from extras-devel using the app installer. Also he shouldn't be required to do anything manually.

The correct solution is probably to add the correct dependency to zeecontrols control file (you can specify the required version in braces). Updating zeecontrol will then pull the required libzeemote version automatically.
Thanks for the info!
I uploaded a new version to the auto builder and it already successfully finished.
I'll add it to extras-testing asap.

Do you know by the way if it will then automatically pick up the correct version from extras-devel even if extras-devel is not enabled?
My understanding is that extras-devel still has to be enabled for the dependency handling to succeed in this case.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Okay, the new Version is working again. Thanks.

But one more Bug: It's switching Bluetooth off after the usage.

And for the Repo. You need then to activate Testing and Devel to install a application with that depency and you're unable to promote it to extras until all parts gone tru testing.

Originally Posted by Wonko
Do you know by the way if it will then automatically pick up the correct version from extras-devel even if extras-devel is not enabled?
My understanding is that extras-devel still has to be enabled for the dependency handling to succeed in this case.
Just for the record:
Apparently libzeemote got pulled into testing as I promoted the new Zeecontrol version to testing.
I.e. libzeemote-1.0.6 (which is not an application on its own - it is not in the category user/*) got pulled into testing because it is marked as a dependency of Zeecontrol. Thanks to Till for the explanation.

Originally Posted by Helmuth
But one more Bug: It's switching Bluetooth off after the usage.
I kinda saw that one coming.
Would it be ok if on closing Zeecontrol simply leaves bluetooth at the state it was prior to launching Zeecontrol?

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
I kinda saw that one coming.

Would it be ok if on closing Zeecontrol simply leaves bluetooth at the state it was prior to launching Zeecontrol?
I guess yes. For me it would be okay. Lets see who is then complaining after this fix.

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Texas
I just installed this and played prboom it works great. the b button acts like it gets stuck sometimes. no its not my zeemote i checked.