Active Topics

Poll: Does your N900 reset all time and date settings after taking your battery out for 20 seconds?
Poll Options
Does your N900 reset all time and date settings after taking your battery out for 20 seconds?

Hi everyone,

I got my N900 last December.
Recently, I noticed that everytime I take my battery out for like 10-20 seconds, the N900 will 'forget' all time and date settings.
It didn't used to be like this.

The N900 actually has a backup battery as seen here: http://www.gerry-mobilfunk.de/9991965.html (German)
The backup battery is used to remember the time and date settings once the main battery is taken out.
Maybe mine just ran out of juice?

What happens if you take out the battery for 10-20 seconds and then turn the device on again? Does it reset all time and date settings?

Thank you for participating!

Last edited by youxing; 2010-09-02 at 08:53.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to youxing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wiltshire, UK
No!

... and good luck in resolving your problem!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NokTokDaddy For This Useful Post:
Thanks for replying! To all the people who said "YES": Did your N900 used to remember the date? Is it a recent problem?

The Following User Says Thank You to youxing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
yes i have the same problem too. also when i change the sim card!!! i got mine in january!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Boemien For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade
well.... interesting question...
sometimes it does forget time, and sometimes it remembers!
i think it is just a matter of how long the battery is pulled out!
(maybe) O_o

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neboja For This Useful Post:
I change the battery every day (avoiding usb issues...)

It never resets the time/date, but then again i never have it out for more than five seconds.

The Following User Says Thank You to bfritsch For This Useful Post:
Mine forgets about 3 out of 4 times. May not seem like a big deal but when I tell you my usb port does not work so I have to charge externally it becomes a very big deal as I have to switch batteries everyday so I am having to reset time and date like everyday. I am also no longer able to use my N900 as my alarm. If I change battery at night before I go to bed I do not switch it on so do not know at that time whether it has reset the date and time.

I have tried to determine whether there is a trick to the 1 out of 4 it works. Do I leave battery in for a minute after switching off before taking it out? Do I wait a minute to put in new battery? Do I do everything superfast before the device realises what has happened? I can't find the answer. Seems totally random.

Don't know when the problem started. Until my usb port became faulty I did not really have much reason to remove the battery.

The Following User Says Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 247 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Coventry, UK
mine has always forgotten if i leave it out for more than about 10 of 15 seconds. im usually really quick, sliding the new one in under the flat one. so usually ok.

http://pininthemap.com/maemo
masterpin: shotgun

The Following User Says Thank You to mr_bridger For This Useful Post:
Hey youxing !
we met in JFK airport if you remember!!
And, im not clear on the backup battery.

Are you talking about a SPARE battery that you use when one has run out of juice?
or are you talking about a battery INSIDE the phone itself for safety purposes etc?

If its the former, and your having problems with switching batteries constantly, battery hotswap IS possible. Its in the forum somewhere.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=57734

how you bin!?
hows the phone working out for you?

The Following User Says Thank You to mangal_sk8erboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
If you take the battery out by force shutdown or force battery removal then the DateTime will be lost. If you press the power button to shutdown (may be let the N900 shutdown properly) before removal of battery then your datetime won't be lost.

Hope this help.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery, nokia n900