Active Topics

Posts: 192 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Austin, Tx
So years ago I set up an Apple ID to apply for a job there.

Last week I get an email that somebody logged into my Apple ID and is using it on Icloud and on their Iphone 6...

Then I get an email that they changed the password and security questions...

I go and change the password back, then try to change the security questions and guess what, in order to change them, you need to know the answers... WUT

I call and tell the support people what is going on and they tell me "what is the answers to your security questions?"

LOL are you kidding me??? I already told you they changed them.

So I said, I applied for a job there, look at my saved resume and I can verify my identity through that, they say we dont have access.

So after going round and round, I said you know what, I am never going to own an Apple product, so I dont care.

What a waste of time and I cant believe how terrible their support is.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Great rant man!
Love a good rant thread.

Let me give it a try too. Written with a Apple product. Apple rant.

So years ago I was supporting Jolla and participating in a campaign they did.

I thought I was backing a tablet campaign and to help to reach the stretch goal of the campaign.

Later I found that streach goals were fake and jolla used the money as their own and not dedicated to tablet.

The head of jolla even stood on a stage and guaranteed we would get the tablet. But. No.

They said they even had a suprise for us. But nothing.

Then jolla said they would split Refund in two parts and that second part would be paid out within a year from the first refund.

Now years later. I realize its irrelevant what jolla says. It has basically no value and connection to reality. It's like a random rant post like this on a random forum.

Some call it scam, some call it crowdfunding, some call it bad luck, some calling incompetence. But in the end It's better give the money to something useful like leaving the on a chair in a random park for anyone to find then giving to jolla

jolla might do the right thing eventually and that would be great for them, but until they do I use other devices instead.
Someone needs to bring back n900, Maemo and keyboard devices. That was the glorious time of times of the mobile phone era.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-04-29 at 15:59.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
After applying for the job, why didn't you close the Apple ID account if it were of no use to you?

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
A similar case, I once missed a payment to my credit card company because I did not receive the bill. No surprise, as they send me a bill only if there is an outstanding balance. So I called them to explain the situation and they wanted some security questions. One of them was, how much was your last bill? D'oh!

Your case is understandable. The poor guy at Apple support would of course have no access to HR documents. You could try to escalate your case in writing and hope but do not expect it sorted out quickly. It may take weeks.

Posts: 192 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Austin, Tx
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Great rant man!
Love a good rant thread.

Let me give it a try too. Written with a Apple product. Apple rant.

So years ago I was supporting Jolla and participating in a campaign they did.

SNIP..

jolla might do the right thing eventually and that would be great for them, but until they do I use other devices instead.
Someone needs to bring back n900, Maemo and keyboard devices. That was the glorious time of times of the mobile phone era.
I doubt they will survive enough to be able to do the "right thing" unfortunately...

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
After applying for the job, why didn't you close the Apple ID account if it were of no use to you?
Im not sure. There is an engineering department here for Apple, so I was hoping eventually to work there, But today I tried to delete it but I couldnt. I was able to deactivate that persons iphone and icloud access.

Dont really care, especially since I only had a REALLY old address on file with them.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
A similar case, I once missed a payment to my credit card company because I did not receive the bill. No surprise, as they send me a bill only if there is an outstanding balance. So I called them to explain the situation and they wanted some security questions. One of them was, how much was your last bill? D'oh!

Your case is understandable. The poor guy at Apple support would of course have no access to HR documents. You could try to escalate your case in writing and hope but do not expect it sorted out quickly. It may take weeks.
I did try to get it escalated, the guy said he would get with their engineering department to see if they could reset the security questions, but could not prove my identity to reset it.

The good thing is I didnt have anything linked to it in terms of payment or content, just an old address...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by captainofiron View Post
I doubt they will survive enough to be able to do the "right thing" unfortunately...

we will see. Die trying is good. at least you tried.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...