Active Topics

My provider is T-mobile USA. I recently travelled to the EU, where I used the US SIM card to connect to the EU T-mobile. Returning to the USA, I noticed two issues

1. The date was off, as if I was still on EU time. more precisely, the calendar widget shows the wrong date, but when I click on it, it jumps to the correct day.

I have a Queen Beecon Widget that merely displayes the result of the date command. The displayed date was wrong, though running date in X terminal returned the correct date.

Rebooting the phone fixed both the calendar widget and the QBW.

2. Connecting to T-mobile USA internet, I get asked if I want to allow data roaming. I don't remember having to do that before. Can another N900 T-mobile USA user confirm, please?

Last edited by chill; 2015-01-17 at 09:11.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chill For This Useful Post:
Can U.S. T-mobile users please confirm/deny that they get the roaming question every time they connect to T-mobile's data network? Assuming that in Settings->Phone->Network they have the Always Ask setting.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Can't confirm at the moment (I had a 1-year gap in N900-as-main-phone, just got another N900 because I got tired of waiting for the Neo900 to happen while using the N9 as main-phone), but I should be able to confirm in a day or two.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Any news...?

Originally Posted by chill View Post
I have a Queen Beecon Widget that merely displayes the result of the date command. The displayed date was wrong, though running date in X terminal returned the correct date.
Also interestingly, using "+%Z" to display the time zone, the zone shown by QBW is EST, and in Xterminal my correct/current time zone in Europe is returned. It's as if QBW is stuck in EST.