Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
I don get what you mean?

I mean its IMPOSSIBLE to get BT4.0 if the is no chip inside the device that support it. WL1273 definitivly not support it.

Maybe there is some external chip inside that support it but if soo can you point me too where this rumors can really get confirmed for REAL.

Cause I am really intrested to know about this.

(Same goes for NFC)

Or maybe they mean "next generation HW of N9" will support it but not first batches?
I know the thread you're basing that on, but we never confirmed that it def. uses that chip.
And the basis for that chip not supporting BT4.0 hasn't been completely solidified either.
Yes there was that forum response by a TI rep*, but that's not exactly concrete...
And are you forgetting about the BT4.0 certification?
And what about advice from senior management in Australia that it's planned as an update?
I gave you the link before:
The N9 ships with Bluetooth 2.1 but 4.0 is planned as an update.
The update will allow NFC sharing to piggyback over Wifi (through the Bluetooth High Speed protocol).
*or was it one of the network chip co's, can't recall OTTOMH now

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-10-15 at 13:05.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
So... bluetooth 4 is a no-go too?

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
So... bluetooth 4 is a no-go too?
Yip....all the hollaballoo for nothing "sigh"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hotnikkelz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
jalyst you deserve an N9 considering how much effort you put into this thread.
second tat..effort appreciated..

The Following User Says Thank You to daviss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
Where are the lines for N9, while everywhere people are lining up for iphone 4s????
Originally Posted by daviss View Post
just watched a tv news..n tat there r bunch of ppl queuin to be no.1 for 80hrs to buy a deadman's fone..till now i stil cant make out wat those ppl r thnkin..now tat the cult leader is gone,wonder how long the cult survive..sori,offtopic..pls ignore..
hope nobody in TMO was doin tat stupidoo stuf...

Last edited by daviss; 2011-10-15 at 02:45.

The Following User Says Thank You to daviss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Originally Posted by phatman2600 View Post
Why does USPS suck with tracking? How long does international first class mail usually take to get to the United States?
They suck for sure. I just went there and showed them the print out of Denmark post office saying it got sent to US and then their own page saying really no information and i said can you tell me where my package is and she flat out said no.
It's only been 6 days it should be atleast 10 days she says.
Which means I will not get it by Monday when I have to leave to go to the Philippines and which also means I have to find a way for my roommates to accept it so hopefully they don't require ID showing they are me and signing it. Hopefully they can just sign it for me. Also you know how rthe postman are they will just knock once and walk away in 5 seconds and move to the next house and leave a note comep pick it up at the post office and prove you are me with ID or it gets sent back to the sender.
I am really pissed off if i don't get it before i leave and it gets sent back with no way to accept it.
Wall of text, I'm mad.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I'm not lending BigBadGuber! a hand here... but I'll be honest. His one comment has merit... people were actually lined up for the iPhone 4S. No people were lined up - at least not reported - for the Nokia N9.

We're (at least me, I don't mind the jokes) looking for a poorly distributed, and honestly overpriced for what it offers hardware-wise and the software is not yet ready for prime time, yet it still is a neat project for an OS; Aegis excepted, that part sucks.

Worse part? We will never see lines for the Nokia WP7 offerings as the iPhone devices. And while each and every Linux lovin' fanatic will say "Feh, to Hell with the Apple devices..." they sell. They sell instantly in high numbers.

Something like that needs to happen for Nokia or their sales - despite today being greater than most others - and their share will continue to erode.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
You get what you pay for. First class mail is just one level up from the bottom afaik. Go for priority, express or even use DHL, UPS or FedEx to get it quicker with more tracking granularity.

About postmen walking away with your package: don't you think they'd prefer to lessen their load by leaving the package with you? Leave a note, saying you're inside. They probably are bored making judgement calls day in and day out, guessing whether people are at home asleep, in the bathroom, at the corner drugstore, away at work or maybe outaide queuing for a new phone.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
No people were lined up - at least not reported - for the Nokia N9.
I was lined up. Behind this one other guy.

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to slai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
Love(n9) the phone for it's design and innovation. Apple lead the train for a few years ago, but now it's same old same old and nothing new at all. People love that and that's fine. But if you have the opportunity to have and test several phones you never want same old same old. Unless you are a regular user who wants things you know and can handle, the IPhone is an excellent choice for you.
iOS is for old modernized people. your daddy has an iPhone.

N9 is a great device but miscast as a prelude to WP7 style of Nokia phones.
I still like same old. N900 felt very familiar. I felt at home using it from the first day. Don't understand this "for geek" image as that is the other half of it.
Same old would be great as it would mean mature: I'd love to go back to end 2010 and line up for the N900s and see N9 mass promoted for the iPhone folks early 2011.

Nokia has given up on itself to lead that train the day they partnered with intel and delay Harmattan for MeeGo. And Microsoft (may have) just profited from that.

The Following User Says Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????