Active Topics

is nokia n9 really better than samsung galaxy s2 and iphone 4? cause recently when i watch the review on youtube comparing this 3 phone, a lot commented that nokia n9 wins in term of performance and multitasking. i been using the n9 for the past 3 days and seriously i'm quite dissapointed with the phone. it's not like what many claim to be. it lags when i'm using the facebook and the user interface sucks. keep pressing the wrong stuff and the battery drain very fast esp when i'm playing games.even my iphone 3gs can last longer when playing games. the worst part is i only need to take less than 2 hour to fully charge my iphone and more than 3 hours plus to fully charge my nokia n9. just now i did a browser loading comparison between the iphone and the n9 after installing the faster n9 tweaks. like what i expected the iphone wins. it quite dissapointing that a nokia n9 with 1gb ram can be beaten by an iphone 3gs with 256mb of ram. even the zephyr tweak which is similar to n9 swiping which can be found on cydia wins hand down in term of smoothness. i dont get it when people commented that n9 wins hand down. i tried using the s2 and seriously n9 cannot be compared with s2. the s2 is on its league on it own and n9 is nowhere near there. i guess nokia has a lot to catch up.

anyway i did a comparison test with the following tweaks installed on the phone

iphone 3gs
-------------
webscrollian - improve the web scrolling smoothness (love this tweak) - seriously nokia developer should look into this tweak, and come out with a similar one for the nokia phone. the web scrolling smoothness is superb after installing this tweak on the iphone. can check it out on youtube. that what i called liquid scrolling.

zephyr - similar to n9 multitasking

nokia n9
-----------
faster n9

I think a fairer test would be:
-Nokia N9 (PR 1.3)
-iPhone 4 (iOS 5.1)
-Samsung Galaxy S (AOKP build40)

Then compare battery life, overall speed and functions. Then comparison of accessories and physical hardware. And I mean the international SGS model, as the EPIC 4G (i9000) will run rings around them all with its qwertyboard, gamegripper and native Ubuntu.

I'm flattered

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
if you look around the forums there are many ways to customize your n9 that would get rid of your perceived issues...

1) If you are having trouble with user interface for facebook there are apps like Sociality and fMobi that make it a joy to use...you can also access any sites using the browser and if you want it to load the same HTML5 version, you can simply search for "Easiest Way to Change User Agent on Stock Browser" and change it to whichever OS you want (i.e. iOS, Android)

2) Battery Life is very subjective, many people here will show you conclusive proof of it besting iPhone4 too so look around you may have some bugs...

3) Also my n9 charges in less than two hours using the wall plug...are using a usb port from a pc to charge? change it to a wall plug and you'll see the difference..

The n9 has always been known to be a DOA device yet you won't get a more passionate group of people like those at TMO for n9(00) devices...I for one wouldn't trade it for anything else and I know many here are the same...The multi-tasking is absolutely top-notch not to be rivalled by anyone except for the n900 and user interface in fact is the most easiest to use (swipe all day long)...

Anyway you may have your opinions and if you feel the n9 is useless for you sell it away i'm sure you can get takers right here too...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-07-10 at 06:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
@ OP

you gotta be insane or you simply can´t operate N9 properly...
iPhone 3GS? WTF?
When I was buying my N9 I had a chance to use iPhone 4S for a week and I can tell you there was nothing to convince me the fruit is better, except for the AppStore, obviously...
and Siri? the concept is alright, but I see no real value off it other than using it with maps in car...which is out of question as iOS has no free offline maps whatsoever...maybe iPhone 5 with TomTom?
my gf has the iP 4S and everytime I pull out my N9 she begs me to let her play with it so she can swipe all day long
and SGS2? Honestly, I´ve never seen uglier smartphone than that...
N9 is HW-wise simply the sexiest phone out there (with Lumia 800, of course)

and you can trust me, I´m no damn Nokia fanboy, there´s just nothing what´d convince me to switch N9 for anything else...at the moment

Last edited by jleholeho; 2012-07-10 at 07:17.

Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
everytime I pull out my N9 she begs me to let her play with it so she can swipe all day long
Is that a metafor you dirty one

Regards Dousan...

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

The Following User Says Thank You to Dousan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dousan View Post
Is that a metafor you dirty one

Regards Dousan...
Because of that I bought my girlfriend her own N9 last christmas, so she can swipe that instead of mine

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
another comparison thread? meewh

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
I think a fairer test would be:
-Nokia N9 (PR 1.3)
-iPhone 4 (iOS 5.1)
-Samsung Galaxy S (AOKP build40)

Then compare battery life, overall speed and functions. Then comparison of accessories and physical hardware. And I mean the international SGS model, as the EPIC 4G (i9000) will run rings around them all with its qwertyboard, gamegripper and native Ubuntu.
i already did a comparison with the iphone 4 but somehow iphone still win. the reason why my iphone win is because of tweaks like webscrollian and zephyr installed on the iphone. and with the onboard home screen button that comes with the new ios 5.1.1 it makes the phone really smooth and fast. the n9 cant catch up with it eventhough i installed faster n9 on it. even my 3gs can match up to my expectation. the reason why i'm quite dissapointed with my n9 is because when i'm in a rush and need to access the internet, the n9 seem to takes it own time. and the scrolling part makes it even worse. i keep pressing the wrong stuff more on the n9 than the iphone. the only thing that make me impressed with the n9 is the gaming graphic. it's superb...

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
if you look around the forums there are many ways to customize your n9 that would get rid of your perceived issues...

1) If you are having trouble with user interface for facebook there are apps like Sociality and fMobi that make it a joy to use...you can also access any sites using the browser and if you want it to load the same HTML5 version, you can simply search for "Easiest Way to Change User Agent on Stock Browser" and change it to whichever OS you want (i.e. iOS, Android)

2) Battery Life is very subjective, many people here will show you conclusive proof of it besting iPhone4 too so look around you may have some bugs...

3) Also my n9 charges in less than two hours using the wall plug...are using a usb port from a pc to charge? change it to a wall plug and you'll see the difference..

The n9 has always been known to be a DOA device yet you won't get a more passionate group of people like those at TMO for n9(00) devices...I for one wouldn't trade it for anything else and I know many here are the same...The multi-tasking is absolutely top-notch not to be rivalled by anyone except for the n900 and user interface in fact is the most easiest to use (swipe all day long)...

Anyway you may have your opinions and if you feel the n9 is useless for you sell it away i'm sure you can get takers right here too...
actually i'm now trying to install the android 4.03 ics but stuck at the sillyboot part. step 3. i downloaded the stuff but when i open it, it open up in winzip format. there 2 file on it when i extract, preinit and the evkey.. i dont know how to combine the two into one file.

http://droidpluss.com/install-androi...-smartphone-2/

the charging part, yup, i charge it up on the nokia wall charger but still take more than 3 hour. actually there another way to speed up the charging, i use samsung wall charger to charge the phone. super fast compared to my nokia charger to charge up..

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
if you look through the nitdroid instructions, you should not be extracting sillyboot on your pc... transfer the archive to your phone (regardless of it being able to be opened using WinZip on your PC) and then work further..

the best forum to go to is the source: www.forum.nitdroid.com

everything else is just a rip-off...

Edit: on your point of the chargers, if your samsung charger can charge it faster it means the nokia charger is not in exactly good condition and not the device's fault...