Active Topics

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ malaysia
yes you are right mzams,that why n900 still having basic telephony function and it start evolve from n800 tablet pc to be pocket Phone pc...We should solute nokia because taking chance with their loyal customer to be experimental user..maybe N900 will be like NEO in the matrix movies,it evolve to be better and super..ha ha..

im still sticking with my n958G for primary phone because i know n958G is more robust,reliable and the best N series i ever use..hope all my n958gb basic function is available to my N900.most function i admire is my 3G video calling.hope i can totally migrate when that function is available and its operating software going more stable..

Originally Posted by joelsk View Post
so far compared with sgs, iphoney 3gs and 4, wildfire and omnia. with all the apps they need to simply function on the internet, itms mind boggling.
those ifocker and androidiot just wants a facebook client so that they can tell the whole world everything that they are doing. also might i inform you that you need an IQ of more than 85 to properly use maemo. those guys just dont have it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hellhammer For This Useful Post:
me too, have been using it for almost a year. Currently waiting for Flash 10.1 support and meego.

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by hellhammer View Post
those ifocker and androidiot just wants a facebook client so that they can tell the whole world everything that they are doing. also might i inform you that you need an IQ of more than 85 to properly use maemo. those guys just dont have it.
Haha.. good 1!
hopefully pr1.3 brings some serious goodies with it... would be a bonus, but not exactl holding my breath...
i am waiting for the power users definitive list of mods and tweaks for smooth operations.. that would be worth the wait.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
You're right my friend. How on earth novice will dare himself to a console and start typing commands away where the console/command is where the raw power of linux is.

I need a full fledged linux phone, the n900 to connect remotely to my debian desktop for retrieving files or remote syncing (the rsync).

Games are secondary or even last consideration on n900. I need a good solid work phone, or rather a mobile opensource computer.

Wilson

Originally Posted by wongjemi85 View Post
me too, have been using it for almost a year. Currently waiting for Flash 10.1 support and meego.
a bit too early to tell, but from the videos available of Meego, i actually prefer Maemo!
i was actually wondering if some of the brilliant ppl here would actually get maemo running on the n9 when it comes out...

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ malaysia
for meego maybe for unofficial is still under development,as per discuss in this forum nokia still refuse and will stick with maemo 5 for its N900 model.Nokia is start abandon maemo and hope all developer from maemo.org still give their support and effort to us .just wait and see..

hellhammer you are rock..like your comment..ha ha

The Following User Says Thank You to azizija For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wongjemi85 View Post
might i recommend you to download tweak flash version and set ur flash flag to 10.1. some sites that require flash 10.1 actually do not need it.

Originally Posted by azizija View Post
for meego maybe for unofficial is still under development,as per discuss in this forum nokia still refuse and will stick with maemo 5 for its N900 model.Nokia is start abandon maemo and hope all developer from maemo.org still give their support and effort to us .just wait and see..
i'm quote sure unofficial support for meego on n900 will be there...
i was actually hoping someone would make it possible to run Maemo on the N9 (possible 1st Meego phone) when it comes out.

msian checking in here. just a quick post. i'll post more later.

i like the n900 because it is a laptop replacement for me in most of my use case scenarios. plus i much prefer having a device that is always on than having to wait for bootup and shutdown times.

i also wanted to do some development on maemo as i am fluent in c++ and have done mobile device development before on two other platforms for a number of years. however, the open source community has solved almost all my issues on the phone.

welcome all. i know one other msian that fell for the n900 after he tried my unit for a while. he is a long time symbian user.

cheers all!