Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Disagree.

The Sailfish community can help Jolla by :
- releasing softwares for Sailfish;
- buying Jolla hardware (smartphone, OTH, etc);
- giving feedback about Sailfish releases, new features, etc;
- helping port & test Sailfish on Android smartphones (HADK);
- promoting Sailfish in blogs, social media, etc;
- showing what Sailfish & Jolla can do better than other mobile OS & smartphones.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
^ better answer than I could come up with. So there is a better way to contribute and think.

they have to release the bloody hardware in a place where we can buy (US)

everything follows that

Last edited by sid21177; 2014-10-30 at 03:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to sid21177 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
and then you get response like................... oh, wait, you don't get it at all. So you decide to give it another go and ask one of their employee over PM and again you don't get any response. Should one travel to Finland to knock on their doors?
I was offering help with localization, and that maybe isn't something considering the market size but it is still something that someone else would do and something that is common for all other OS.
Have you tried starting a thread on TJC? PMs to a random employee who might not feel entitled to reply wearing a company hat are probably not the best approach. On TJC you could expect an answer from Jolla I think, at least that is their 'forum'. (and as your next post suggests that they should answer what help they need, if I'm reading it correctly, I do not expect Jolla to reply, this thread was more looking for ideas from community/people in here who support Jolla and would like to help, and maybe even have an idea how they can help to share with others, whether Jolla is looking for help or will accept help is again best left for TJC)

Another Sailor went ashore, but...

maybe things aren't all that bad?
(wow, same for every lastucase in the jolla shop, looks like the 100 euro off did work quite well)

Last edited by szopin; 2014-11-02 at 08:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Great. My hope is they are just trying to clear stock before a new product announcement this month. They had mentioned back in Feb. they were working on a device for 2015 but no details yet on the product or progress on it.