Poll: If/when you get an N900, what will you do with previous tablet?
Poll Options
If/when you get an N900, what will you do with previous tablet?

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
I plan to keep mine so that I can test development on Diablo. Also helps that I won't have to worry about bricking a primary device.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
n800 + xournal ftw!
(plus aTI85)

nothing really changes, the n800 stays at work playing radio, being ready for my notes/sketches and calculations. I just sell my e71 to my little brother.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 498 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Poland
I'm keeping my N810 for Mer, flipclock and Internet Radio (the speakers on this thing are amazing).

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
The N800 already serves as radio alarm clock waking me up every morning.
The N810 will run Mer and Diablo dual boot so that I can test my software on those systems.
The 770 is collecting dust atm, which I wipe off every few weeks. I'm using it to test my software on OS 2006, and finding what needs to be optimized.

I went for 'testing MER etc', but in addition I will continue to use it for things that require:

a) A larger screen. I'm pretty certain there are many things I won't be able to use the N900 for.
b) The N800 has two full-size SD slots. The N900 is basically useless when it comes to exchanging data via cards. In fact, because of this, the upgrade of my N800 is to be the Pandora. The N900 isn't an upgrade for my N800, it's a different type of gadget.

I will kepp my trusty N800

mostly for newsfeeds, eBook-reader and audiobooks. Also for playing around with easy debian, IM when on the couch *g*

Glasswalker

Mine is going to be an internet radio and digiframe.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ A place with no mountains
I'll keep my N810 and try Debian and/or Mer on it.

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 Intro, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Choosing open source is an important purchasing decision for your future. The closed source model of computing is a form of exploitation -- of us! Open source empowers us. Be smart -- chose open source.

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
Instant messaging (having MSN in the your hand around the house is always handy), but most importantly the N800 makes an awesome daily alarm clock thanks to Flipclock

If your looking to breath some new life into your tablets, that's definitely one app that will do the trick ;-)

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jolouis View Post
Instant messaging (having MSN in the your hand around the house is always handy), but most importantly the N800 makes an awesome daily alarm clock thanks to Flipclock

If your looking to breath some new life into your tablets, that's definitely one app that will do the trick ;-)
Thanks! This app really added to my N800 value even more. Dont know how Ive missed that software.